Friday, March 26, 2010
The wind
I'm ready to go to bed, so I'm just going to write a few things that happened today. One was Samuel and I making Scones. In the book I've been reading is a recipe for scones that looked really good, so Samuel and I made them. He was really good at cutting the butter into the flour mixture, and he like rolling out the dough, and putting the scones on the pan, and was really good at brushing the glaze on...I think he did a better job than I did. He also loved sprinkling the powdered sugar on. We had a good time making the scones, and they were yummy. We had them for after-school snacks. We put strawberry jam, and a cream cheese cream on them, it was delicious. When we went to go get the kids from the bus stop, it was really windy. I carried Samuel the whole way, and then when the kids got off the bus, it was blowing so hard, and there was so much dirt and sand we couldn't see. Joseph managed all right, but both the girls closed their eyes and held onto my back pockets all the way home, and I carried Samuel again, with his face buried into me. I was wearing sun glasses, but still could only barely open my eyes at all becuase of all the dirt. By the time we made it home, it felt like I had just taken a shower in dirt and sand, and everyone had a layer of dirt on them. The girls had their friend Carriane over for a sleepover tonight, and had a movie night. The last thing is Samuel has been backwards in his clothes today, he changed in pajamas for his nap time, and then wore them until bedtime, and changed into clothes, silly boy...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Samuel is so funny. I love the backwards clothes, whatever makes him happy. At least he is dressed, that is really where we have issues with Eddie! Your wind sounds like Troutdale - it's just a little bit of home, that's all!
Post a Comment