Tuesday, March 16, 2010

clean house?

Today the weather was a lot nicer than yesterday, it was sunny and warmer. I was up at 5:40am this morning, I'm not sure why. My boy seems to have adjusted the opposite way it was supposed to after the time change. I want to go to bed by 9am, and I'm up by 6am. When I should have wanted to stay up late, and sleep in with moving the clocks forward an hour. Anyway I had all the kids up and dressed and ready to go by 7am for their sports physical appointments. I had to jump start the car, with my portable charger that I got back from my friend last night. We drove to the dr. office and got checked in. The appointments all went fine, everyone is healthy and physically fit. The girls were really good, and the boys were...well boys, but not too bad. We went back to the car and it still wouldn't start on it's own, so I jumped it again and drove home. After everyone had breakfast, we all got to work cleaning the house. It was really messy, and I couldn't stand for it to be this messy another day. So we got to work, and I kept them working until lunch time. It made a huge difference, but there is still a lot of work to do. Samuel took his nap, and the kids and I played uno attack, then my friend Chelsie called and asked if we wanted to play with them at the park, so we walked over there and played for a while. Chelsie's husband had just returned from Iraq on Sunday so it was neat to see them together as a family again. It was also really good for the kids to play with man, chase him down and wrestle with him, especially Joseph. After a while we all came back to our house, and I helped Chelsie learn how to make my "no-knead bread". We also made chocolate chip cookies, they were yummy. The kids played Wii for a while then played outside again. Later after our friends left, Betsy made dinner (with my help) she made cheese tortolinis, edamame, salad, and carrots. It was yummy and was really nice when Austin did the dishes, and Joseph swept under the table. The kids and I planned the menu for the next week, and then it was time for bed. I made it through one more day of spring break..yeah!

No comments: