Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Samuel with purple, pink, sparkly nails
This morning I woke up at 5:30am to the sound of the garbage truck coming down the street, to pick up the garbage. I rushed outside in my bathroom to make sure Joseph had pulled the garbage can out to the curb (it's his job) and realized that he had left the garage door and light on all night, and he didn't take the garbage out. So I rushed the garbage to the curb and ran back inside. It bothered me that anybody could have just walked into the house while we were sleeping. I always check the front and back door before I go to bed, but not the garage door, because I always close it when I go into the house. I talked to Joseph about it when he woke up. He told me that when he went to take the garbage out, a spider scared him, and he ran as fast as he could into the house. I explained the importance of shutting the door when he comes in the house, so hopefully it won't happen again. Our morning routine was the same, get kids dressed, fix hair, get jackets, coats, and backpacks ready to go, and have morning devotional. The girls are both good enough readers now that they like to help with our scripture study, and even though it is slow going, it is good for them to take their turn reading. We got the kids off to the bus stop, and Samuel and I came home. My friend Chelsie and her two daughters came over and we did the Slim in 6 workout together. I sure sweat a lot doing this workout, I can't wait to get my muscles in shape. Just as we finished our workout, her youngest daughter, Arianna came out with purple, sparkly, nail polish all over her fingers...uh oh, I went into the girl's room where Samuel and Cheslie were watching a movie to discover that they had both painted their nails too, and the movie wasn't working, so I pulled that out and their was nail polish on that too. I took the nail polish and put it up high, and cleaned the DVD, thankfully it came off, and then told Samuel to wash his hands, until the nail polish came off, because boys don't wear nail polish. So, he went in the bathroom, and got most of the nail polish off. After my friend left, Samuel and I had grapefruits and oatmeal for breakfast, showered and got dressed and ready for the day. We went and ran some errands, I faxed Travis' birth certificate to the army chaplain recruiter that needed it, and then we went over to the travel office to see if the documents had been signed yet. The lady we needed to talk to wasn't there, and a man said she should be back in 15 minutes, so I said we'd be back. So I followed Samuel around the building, and chased him up and down stairs for 15 minutes, and then came back. She wasn't there, and then a lady told me she'd wouldn't be back for 15-20 minutes. Realizing this was just the standard answer when someone wasn't there, I decided I wasn't hanging around for an indefinite amount of time, and we walked out to the parking lot. Samuel had fun climbing on top of fire hydrants and perching their like a bird, and crawling into tunnels and all sorts of fun on our way out to the car, and it was actually good luck for us, because by the time we made it to the cars, we passed the lady we had come to talk to as she was getting out of her truck. She told me the documents hadn't been signed yet, but she would call me when they were. So Samuel and I went and dropped off our library books, and picked up Joseph's bike from the repair shop, and then came home. We had Macaroni and Cheese for lunch, and Samuel went down for a nap. I did a little cleaning, but I started my period today, and wasn't feeling too great, so I relaxed while Samuel took his nap. After his nap we read some books, and then picked up the kids from the bus. We played at the park for a while, and I talked with my friends. Finally Betsy really wanted to go home, and convinced Austin, and Samuel to go with her, so they took off running towards home, so I quickly said goodbye to my friends, and told Joseph we were leaving now, and took off running to catch up to the other three. I caught up to them, and we made it home, but I couldn't see Joseph following, so I texted my friends who were still at the park, and asked them to send Joseph home. Joseph finally made it home, and I grounded him to his room for disobeying me. The kids were all working on their homework, but Betsy couldn't find her backpack. After looking for it for a long time, she finally realized she left it at the park, so I gathered up all the kids and we walked back to the park and found Betsy's backpack. Our friends were still there so we played a little longer then went back home again, this time everyone obeyed. I stuck a frozen pizza in the oven, and we had that for dinner. We went to the scout's parent meeting at the church, which is always crazy with all the kids and adults in one small room. The adults have to sit really close to each other to actually be able to hear, with the noise of all the kids. But, we got the next few months planned, and we drove home. I put the kids to bed, and played Wii with Joseph, then watched T.V. for a little while. All in all it was a fairly good day..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm glad you had a good day, but how frustrating that they haven't signed those papers yet. How hard is it to write your name on a paper? I hope you guys are moved by the end of July because we are going to be in Utah the last week of July and it would be fun to see you guys!
We're planning on being in Utah by the 3rd week in June, so we would absolutely love to see you in July!! We miss you!
Post a Comment