Samuel hiding behind a pole behind a garbage dumpster
Saturday morning at 5am I started throwing up and stuff coming out the other end, every 5-10 min. for 4-5 hours, then every thirty minutes for the next 12 hours. I was miserable, and terribly dehydrated, I couldn't keep any liquids down at all, and my lips were cracked and bleeding. Finally at the very end of the day I was able to keep down about 1/2 c. of gatorade. My dear, sweet husband, called my friend Heidi from Iraq, and she and her husband came and picked up my kids early afternoon, and watched them until bedtime. I was mad, becuase I had a lot of plans for Saturday. Austin, Betsy, and Samuel all missed their first soccer games, I missed a lunchean the ward was putting on for the spouses of deployed soilders, I missed a WIC appointment, Joseph missed golf, and I missed a banquet the army was doing for spouses of deployed soilders. I was bummed I missed all these nice things. Sunday we stayed home from church, and I was able to drink liquids, but just a few crackers, and a little applesauce for food. I've very slowly regained my strength, but I was pretty much a couch potato until Wed. Betsy also threw up a few times and stayed home from school on Tues. I'm frustrated becuase I still can't eat hardly any food, without my stomach hurting really bad. I can eat 1/2 a bannana (slowly), and very small amounts of applesauce, and chicken noodle soup, and crackers. But only one of those things every 2-4 hours. If I can't begin to eat normally soon, I'm going to go see the Dr. , this can't be normal. So obviously the kids trashed the house, during this period of mommy being sick, and it is taking me forever, to get it back to "clean" status. I did manage to plant one row of peas in my garden this morning, but that was all I could do before I needed a break. I really need to get back to normal.
Anyway life has continued on, and the kids still have soccer, and I signed Joseph up for Tackle Football. I'm not thrilled with having Joseph in Football, but it's something he really wants so I guess we'll try it. He has been to one practice so far, and really likes it. Samuel had his first practice and game this week. His first practice went awesome, he was really good at it, and had fun. Coming into his first game, I thought for sure he would be the star player.....but I was wrong. When we first got there, Samuel decided to climb fences, run and hide behind poles and such, but I eventually got him to where his team was playing. The game started with the ref blowing the whistle, and Samuel took off running, right off another girl on his team, got the ball and made a goal. The ref blew the whistle and picked up the ball, well samuel tried to take away the ball from the ref, getting frustrated when he wouldn't give it to him. And then Samuel ran over to me, when the ref didn't give him the ball, all upset about it. This turned into a pattern, Samuel would fight with the ref over the ball, and then get frustrated. He ran to me every time the whistle blew, so when the ball went back into play, he would be by me, and have to run to catch up to where everyone was, consequently rarely getting to the ball, before a goal was made (the other team only had 4 players, so we pretty much scored a goal pretty fast every time. He was getting frustrated and mad that he couldn't get the ball, and the ref wouldn't give it to him. The ref learned quickly to dodge Samuel whenever he was coming towards him. I tried to explain to him how the game works, but he didn't understand, and just wanted the ball. By the end of the game he was extremly frustrated and started pushing people and dumping out all the cups of water. So I had to grab him and carry him out. poor kid was just so frustrated, but he lost is temper, and was being naughty so we left, and he screamed and cried the whole way home.
The weather has been really nice the past couple of days, I love it when it is upper 60s, low 70s during the day. Joseph has grown, all of his pants are too tight, and short. And when he came home from football practice he smelled like a sweaty boy and had to take a shower. Austin has been wearing dresses to school every day this week, showing off all the ones she got for her birthday, she looks very cute. I need to take pictures of her. The army also decided to make my like difficult, my telling us all the documents required showing moving expenses were never processed (even though Travis did it right after we moved her in april 2008) and says if we don't fill out all the proper forms, and show proof of all expenses we're going to have to pay the government $10,000. Since Travis is in Iraq, I've got to take care of all this stuff. Plus, were trying to decide whether we want to rent or buy a house when we move to Provo in June, and I'm researching all of that, plus VA loans, GI Bill, and all sorts of fun things, so I've been spending a lot of time on the computer lately.
1 comment:
I'm so sorry you are having to do that while you're sick. That is so sad. There are some really good deals on houses if you do buy, that's for sure. If you need Kyle to resend the "receipt" thing for moving expenses, let me know, I can email that right away. Good luck with everything. We love you guys!
Post a Comment