Thursday, March 25, 2010

A fun day

Let's see, this morning we went through the normal morning routine, and after dropping the kids off at the bus stop, we walked over to the walking path, and walked with Chelsie, and her girls. Chelsie was really sore from our workout yesterday, and was commenting about it, when Samuel piped up at said "you're going to make it" (or something along those lines). It was really cute. Chelsie's husband had dropped her off, so we all walked back to the house when we were done with our walk, and did the stretching video. We were moving slow and groaning like old ladies because we were so sore. We decided next time we're doing the stretching video after the workout video. After that Samuel and I drove them home, and when to Costco to get some produce. I love their produce, it's my favorite place to buy fruits and veggies. So we got home and unloaded the groceries. It was now 11am, and I hadn't eaten breakfast yet, so Samuel and I munched on fresh strawberries, and fresh bread with butter....yumm. The Stake Secretary called, and told me that I could get my Ecclesiastical interview for my BYU application tonight at the stake center, so I told him I would make it. So I put my need for childcare on my facebook status, and I'll see if anyone can watch the kids. I'm reading this book called "English Trifle" by Josi Kilpack, it is a culinary mystery. It combines two of my favorite things cooking, and mysteries. I love all the yummy recipes that comes in the books. I'm going to try making the scones and the trifle sometime soon. I got Samuel down for a nap, and talked to Travis for a while. Next I tackled some laundry and watered the garden. I talked to my sister Cristin on the phone for a little while, then Samuel woke up. We cuddled and read some books, and ate more strawberries. We got the kids from the bus stop, came home and grabbed some apples and oranges, and headed back to the park to play with friends. It was a beautiful day, warm and sunny. The kids played, and my friends Bethany, Laurie, Hilary, and Veronica were there with their kids, so we talked. At one point Samuel came and told me he had to go potty, and that he needed "pricavy" (privacy), and then he ran across a field to a tree and pulled his pants down and peed. I was just glad no cars drove by right then. I was still trying to find a babysitter, so I could go get my interview, and Hilary was hosting a girl's night out at 8, so we figured out that Hilary's 13 year old son could watch my kids while I went to the interview, and then Bethany's almost 13-year old son could come over after the kids were all asleep and sit in the house while I went to the girl's night out. I was excited it all got worked out. About 5pm we came home from the park, and we got homework done, and I finished the dishes in the sink, and wiped the counters. I changed into my dress, and got my ecclesiastical form ready, and made top ramen for dinner, cut up oranges and cucumbers to go with it. The babysitter got there, and I gave him instructions, and left for my interview. The interview was really nice, I love feeling the spirit. I'm so excited to be going back to BYU, and I've been trying to decide what I want to major in, and when the man giving the interview asked me, I said I wanted to be a Music Teacher, and I felt really good about it, so I guess that's what I'm going to do. So anyway after the interview, I drove home, and the babysitter did well with the kids, so I got them all ready for bed, and put Samuel, Betsy, and Austin to bed. Joseph, Nathan (babysitter) and I played Wii for a little while, then we played a fast card game called "blink". Then I put Joseph to bed, and Bethany came with her son Jake to watch the kids while they slept. I got my massage table, oils, and foot bath stuff (Hilary was having a spa night) and Bethany and I drove to Hilary's house. We had fun talking, and snacking. I also gave several massages, and Laurie gave me one. It felt so good, I love getting massages. We never got around to using any of the other stuff, we were just having a good time talking. Finally a little after eleven, we left and came home. Bethany and Jake left, and I went to bed. I had a little trouble falling asleep because I couldn't stop coughing (my cold is getting worse) but I finally did!

No comments: