Saturday, March 27, 2010
once, twice, thrice
So three little girls were sitting at the breakfast table, and I can't rememer what exactly they were talking about, but Carriane said she was going to do something once, Austin said she was going to do it twice, and then Betsy says she's going to do it thrice. I thought that was pretty funny that Betsy said "thrice" instead of three times, or something a little more common. So anyway, my cold has been really bothering me, my cough is keeping me up at night, and I'm coughing up some pretty green looking stuff in the mornings. Travis says I have bronchitis and he wants me to go to the Doctor. I'll call for an appointment on Monday, if I'm not getting any better. I was pretty tired and worn out this morning and didn't do to much. The kids and I talked to Travis for quite a while, and played a little Wii. After I got Samuel down for his nap, I decided I'd better get going on my projects I needed to get done today. So I told Austin, Joseph, and Betsy that we were cleaning out the garage and van, and to come and help me. I went out and got to work, and no one was following me, so I went back again and made my plea, turning off the T.V. again. Austin came out and helped me a little bit. She "tested" all the bikes as we were taking them out of the garage. I finally got Joseph and Betsy outside, but all they did was play. We picked up garbage and recycling. I messed with Betsy and Samuel's bikes, trying to get their training wheels fixed, both were broken, and I couldn't end up fixing them, but I did try. Discovered Joseph's brakes on his bike don't work, and Samuel has a very squeaky tricycle, and a couple of flat tires, and a broken bike pump. So anyway Austin helped me sweep out the garage, and we put everything back in, and cleaned all the garbage out of the car, while the kids (samuel's awake now) play with bikes, and scooters. We came back inside and cleaned (well I cleaned anyway, the kids just messed around) Then I changed into my dress pants and shirt, and got the kids ready to go. I had a Operation Homefront dinner that I was going to, for spouses of deployed soldiers. I dropped the kids off at child care, and just as I was going back to my car, I saw my friend looking upset by her car. She had a flat tire and no spare...this sounded real familiar to me, and it just happened to me. She has USAA just like me, so she called to get it towed, she was pretty mad about the timing of it. She couldn't go to the dinner. I stayed with her a while, but there wasn't anything I could do so I left, and came to the dinner. I arrived late, but just in time for dinner. We had salad, and a roll for an appetizer, and then dinner, I asked for vegetarian, and they brought me steamed veggies, with pasta in a pesto sauce, it looked real good, but unfortunately the second the pesto pasta entered my mouth, it was on fire. I'd never had a spicy pesto before, but apparently that's what it was. I downed the rest of my water, and finished my roll, to get the taste out of my mouth. I was disappointed, but enjoyed the steamed veggies that didn't have sauce on them. We had a fun guest speaker, and chocolate cake for dessert. We got these amazing goody bags at the end. We were given a bathrobe, massage oil, bath scrubber, Travel kit from Arbonne that was filled with lotions, shampoos, and facial care products, and many other things. It was worth it, just for the goody bag. Before leaving I made sure my friend who couldn't make it was going to get her goody bag, then picked up the kids from childcare, came home and put them to bed. It was a lazy morning, productive afternoon, and fun evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I don't think I would have liked spicy pesto sauce either. I'm glad that you took advantage of the opportunity to get out. Sounds like a great gift bag.
We have USAA too. They've been very good to us over the years.
Post a Comment