Sunday, March 28, 2010
Sunday "food for thought"
The best part about Sunday is the spiritual upliftment I receive from sunday school and relief society. I felt the spirit really strong today, and it was nourishing to my soul, and gave me strength for the upcoming week. During Sunday School our teacher asked soul searching questions, like "where are you on the spectrum of righteous" one end of the spectrum being righteous, and the other end not so righteous. Then he also talked about a "situational spectrum" so whether good things are happening to you vs. not so good things going on in your life. And asked us to place ourselves on this 2-D graph/spectrum. He also asked whether or not our righteousness changed depending on what our current situation was. During this lesson, I started writing my thoughts down, and also had an image brought to my mind of Satan constantly laying out threads right in front of us, so many that I couldn't count them, the threads being temptations. And these weren't big temptations, subtle things, like talking about inappropriate things, or unpure thoughts, or watching T.V. instead of reading scriptures, or playing on the computer instead of other more righteous endeavors and on and on. Satan and his followers were laying out these threads in front of us, just waiting for us to accept one, or give in and take one, and then slowly ever so slowly pulling us off the path of righteousness, and the threads gradually gaining strength, and we are gradually doing things that aren't big sins, but just aren't the best use of are time, are not seeking after good things. We slowly ever so slowly are lead away. It made me think "what "threads" are being placed before me? And am I accepting, or giving in or holding onto these "threads"? I thought of the scripture in Mosiah 4:30 But this much I can tell you, that if ye do not watch yourselves, and your thoughts, and your words, and your deeds, and observe the commandments of God, and continue in the faith of what ye have heard concerning the coming of our Lord, even unto the end of your lives, ye must perish. I also thought of the 13th article of faith which states: We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you for that, I appreciate it!
Post a Comment