I had some leftover roasted potatoes from dinner, that I wanted to use to make some soup, so I used some other ingredients I had in the kitchen, and it turned out really yummy. I don't know the exact measurements becuase I didn't measure anything, but I'm going to put down my best guess, so I can make it again.
Roasted Red Potato soup
by: Kayley Kirkman
3 cups diced roasted red potatoes (oven 425 degrees, dice red potatoes, coat in olive oil and 1 packet of onion soup mix, and put on cookie sheet in 1 layer for 20-25 min. until tender)
2 Tblsp. olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 mini sweet pepper, diced
3 cups chicken broth
1/2 tsp. celery salt
1/2 tsp. liquid smoke
1 Tblsp. fresh parsley, chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2-3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Heat oil in saucepan, add onion, and saute for 5 min, add pepper and garlic, cook 2 more min. stirring frequently. Add 2 1/2 cups of potatoes, broth, salt, liquid smoke, and parsley. Bring to boil, and then simmer for 15-20 minutes. Blend in blender and return to pan, add cheese and whipping cream, and remaining potatoes, and heat through. Yummy! You can also garnish with crumbled bacon, croutons, and green onions.
1 comment:
Yum! I'm going to have to try that soon. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment