Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Simultaneous bad dreams??





I had a picture of Betsy, but the file was corrupted or something

Last night a little before 3am, Joseph came in my room upset about a nightmare he had, I comforted and we talked and cuddled a few minutes and I sent him back to bed. I had a nightmare myself just before Joseph came in, and had woken up, so we were both having bad dreams at the same time, weird. Although mine was about being sick, Joseph's was about a bully, and kids laughing at him, so at least it wasn't the same bad dream. I always tell my kids to say a prayer whenever they have a nightmare, and start thinking about good things, it seems to do the trick, since they fall back asleep again fairly quickly. This morning it was beautiful outside. It was 60 degrees outside and sunny. The kids had picture day today, and even though I'm not planning on buying any pictures, they wanted to dress up anyway, so I took pictures of them with my camera. We had morning devotional, then walked to the bus stop. Joseph was reading a book on the way to the bus stop, and kept going to wrong way, and going really slow because he was trying to read. He almost missed the bus, it took him so long to get there. So, after the kids got on the bus, Samuel and I walked (Sam was in the stroller) over to the walking path, and met our friends, Chelsie, Cheslie, and Arianna to go for a walk. We walked our three mile loop, enjoying talking to each other. After we got back home, I did a stretching video from the Slim in Six program that I started last week. Then Samuel helped me clean a little, and we played with his tractor. Then Ms. Rodriguez came over, she is a part of the Parent to Teacher program, and comes over once a month to do learning activities with Samuel. We've really been working on Samuel's colors, and he isn't catching on very quickly, so it's frustrating. But today he counted apples, and glued them onto a tree (all construction paper) and practiced tracing numbers 1-3 and his name (Sam). He did a pretty good job, and seems to very slightly remembering a few colors. After that I took my shower and got dressed, and Samuel and I had lunch and read a few books. He went down for a nap, and I talked to Travis for an hour and a half. Then I finished a few cleaning projects, and watched Bewitched. We went to get the kids from the school bus, and the day that had started out so nice, was now cloudy, cool, and windy. I was disappointed, I wanted to stay at the park and let the kids play, while I chatted with friends. So we came and did the snack, and homework routine. Samuel also found a bag of gummy worms that I'd been hiding, and asked if he could have some. I was impressed, normally Samuel would just hide in my closet and eat them without asking. So I told him, if he cleaned his room, I would give him some. So Samuel ran off into his room and shut the door. A little while later, Samuel came and got me, and pulled me into his room. Sure enough his floor was spotless, although everything had just been piled on top of Joseph's bed (Joseph doesn't actually sleep there, he prefers sleeping on a mat in his old room, that I turned into my craft room). I figured that was pretty good for a 3-year old, so I gave him his gummy worms. After dinner, we had FHE (I forgot last night). We sang "I am a Child of God", said prayer, and I was about to give the lesson, when Betsy said it was her turn for the lesson, so I said "ok". Betsy sat down in front of us, and asked us questions about the Resurrection, she asked really good questions, and everyone gave good answers, and stimulated a really good discussion. I was really impressed with the way Betsy handled giving the lesson, and directed the conversation. After FHE the Austin, Betsy, and Sam went to bed, and Joseph and I played Mancala, and Wii until 8:30pm. Then I soaked in the bath and read a book. That felt really good, my muscles were sore, from workouts. Goodnight, Sleep Tight, don't let the bed bugs Bite....

1 comment:

Amanda D said...

That sounds like a really busy day! I'm impressed with everything you got done. It sounds like you've made some good friends there - I'm so glad for that.