Friday, May 29, 2009

Late night adventures with Betsy


If anyone knows Betsy very well, they know she is a night owl. I put her to bed at 8pm and she is still playing in her room, singing, playing pretend, and all sorts of things until 10pm at least. Last night I gave up waiting her out, (as I knew most nights) and went off to bed. It was about 11pm when Betsy came into my room all bright and bubbly, and here is the gist of the conversation:

Betsy: Mom?

betsy: Mom? (I was sleeping)

Mom: Mmmmm...

Betsy: I made you a picture and really pretty picture and I wrote words on it, and numbers, and pictures of you and me.

Mom: That's nice, I'll look at it in the morning

Betsy: I'll put it on your bed, so it will be the first thing you see in the morning, and make you happy (then proceeded to set it on top of me)

Mom: Thankyou Betsy, I'll see you in the morning

Betsy: Are you wearing your pretty pajamas mommy, becuase if you're not, you need to get out of bed and put on your pretty pink pajamas. (I bought some pink pajamas on clearance and Betsy loves them)

Mom: I'm wearing pajamas, it's okay, goodnight betsy.

Betsy: Well I guess I'll go play some more, I love you mommy, you're the prettiest mommy in the whole entired world (she says entired instead of entire)


She gave me a kiss and then happily skipped out of the room. I don't know exactly how long it was before she finally fell asleep, becuase I fell back asleep pretty quickly. I didn't fully appreciate everything she said until I woke up this morning to her pretty picture. I have a very sweet daughter and I love her very much.

1 comment:

Amanda D said...

Oh, that's so sweet. Those are the moments that make motherhood all worth it!