Saturday, May 16, 2009

date with the girls

Last night I got a babysitter so I could take one of the kids on a date. Austin ended up earning the date, and her friend Carriane was going to come with us, and betsy was so devastated that she wasn't coming, that Austin said she could come with us. So, Austin decided that she wanted to go to the mall and get pretzels and play at the playground, then go to wal-mart and buy something, then go to costco and get salmon (she has been begging for salmon for dinner) and then have hot dogs and ice cream. So we arrived at the mall, and we must of been quite the sight. We we're all holding hands at Carriane's insistence, so we made a long line of mom, and three little girls who all looked about the same size. We got our pretzels and went to play, we'd been in the playground about 5 minutes. When Carriane came up to me with her mouth bleeding, she had tripped and bit her lip, so we got everyone's shoe's on and took her to the bathroom to clean her up. We went back to the playground, and this time after only 2 minutes Carriane again came up to me crying with her mouth bleeding, she had bumped her mouth again, poor girl. So we got shoes on again and headed to the bathroom, and we cleaned her up again. I decided that we'd better not play anymore at the playground since Carriane kept getting hurt, so the decided to go to Claire's and look for something to buy (carriane brought money with her) so we looked and finally each of the girls picked out something in their price range. Carriane got swirly lip gloss, and betsy and austin shared sticker earrings. we decided to skip wal-mart and go to costco since we were running out of time. When we were walking toward the car in the parking lot, again with our long line of girls holding hands, austin wasn't looking in front of her and ran into a pole. Poor girl, she was so sad, although nothing was bleeding so I calmed her down and we made it back to the car without any one else getting hurt. So we got ice cream from costco and I put all the girls in the shopping cart and went to go get the salmon, they were all out, but austin was consoled with getting strawberries and bananas. So we came home and watched a movie and ate popcorn, and Betsy and Carriane stayed up for hours playing barbies in their room till I don't know how late, becuase I finally fell asleep exhausted. But we had fun.

No comments: