Sunday, May 24, 2009

Dancing with the Kirkmans

Today after church Joseph and I were dancing around in the kitchen, and then all the sudden came up with the idea to do a "Dancing with the stars" in our kitchen. (It's one of my favorite shows, and the kids like to watch it with me. Everyone loved the idea, so Austin grabbed some paper and wrote numbers on them for the judges to use as scores. We decided to have 2 judges, and we would video tape it so Daddy could see. Now when you watch these videos remember we weren't choreographing our routines like they do on the show, this was just us having fun. We didn't tape the scoring, but everyone received a score of 100 (austin made score cards from 1-100) We cleared out our living room so we would have room to dance. Joseph said I had to change into a dancing dress, so I did, and then we hit the record button and had fun. The kids wanted to invite all their friends over to be the audience, but I told them they could see it on our blog, and they wanted everyone to score their dances, so if you could give your scores in the comment section they would appreciate that.

2 comments:

The Mergenthaler Family said...

Makayla, Ricky, Andrew, and I watched the dancing. And the scores are . . .

Makayla, "The girls were soo good! 100!"

Ricky, "I liked the boy's dances. 100."

My score . . . "The best episode of Dancing with the Kirkmans I have ever seen! Perfect score!"

Stan and Debbie said...

OK Kirkman family. I would have to rate you all a whopping "100"!!!
You are all awesome dancers, and very creative, too. I'm sure you're Daddy will have fun watching your dances.
Love,
Grandma H