Sunday, May 24, 2009

weekend adventures





The blanket fort we made!





On Saturday Austin was invited to a friend's birthday party at Peter Piper Pizza, the kids were all having a good time. Samuel was climbing in the play area and got stuck because he was just a little too short to climb from one landing to the next. He was was halfway up and his legs were dangling off, he asked me to help him, so I climbed part of the way up and grabbed onto his legs to pull him down. Well, he had quite the grip so when I pulled on his legs, instead of him coming down, his pants and pull-up came off. At the angle I was at, all I could reach was his feet so I kept pulling hoping to get him down so I could pull up his pants and pull-up. Some boys down below saw Samuel naked behind sticking out and starting laughing, so Samuel started laughing and kicking his feet, and I still could not get him to let go, so I finally pushed up on his feet and he climbed the rest of the way up onto the landing, and then I convinced him to get down to me, so I could pull up his pants... it's a good thing 2-year olds don't get embarassed.
Earlier in the day I took all the kids to the mall to the build-a-bear store to see if we could get Samuel's "Daddy Bear" fixed. They ended up not being able to fix it : ( and the kids weren't being very good, so as we left I determined not to take them again anytime soon. But after we got home I discovered Austin had brought home one of the little hearts they put in the bears, so we had the "stealing" talk and then I had to take all the kids back to the store, even though I really didn't want to, and have her return the item she had taken. But, I think she has learned a good lesson.
This morning we couldn't find the keys to the van and ended up walking to church, which took us about an hour. Thankfully the weather was nice, and we ended up having quite a nice walk playing "I spy" and the "ABC" game on the way there, except for Betsy and Joseph both tripping and falling. Our friends the Lairds came to the rescue and gave us a ride home (Thank You!) The kids all said they want to walk to church again next week! (aaaahhh!)
So after we got home from church, I told the kids if we found my keys, I would help them build a blanket fort in the living room, and they could all sleep in it tonight (except for samuel), so we found the keys and had fun making a blanket fort!

No comments: