Wednesday, May 20, 2009
adjusting to changes
So, Travis finally made to Iraq, he had been delayed in Kuwait for a little while. We're all adjusting to having him be gone. Joseph is about the same except for random bursts of kindness from him, where he wants to help me since Daddy is gone. Austin seems to do well except for when she gets hurt or is having a bad day, then she wants her Daddy. Betsy is being less stubborn in school, but more stubborn for me. She liked things a certain way when Daddy was here, and is even more stubborn about it now that he is gone, she is quiet, sad, and scared more when we go somewhere besides the house, although her teacher said yesterday she was laughing again in class. She is a very sweet, sensitive girl, who says very long prayers for her Daddy every night, and throughout the day. Samuel still talks about Daddy whenever he sees something that reminds him of him, and occasionaly insists that he come home now. He spilled water on his Daddy bear (when you push on the paw, it has a message from Daddy that he recorded before he left) and now it doesn't work, he is devistated, but I'm hoping I can hide it, and he will eventually forget about it. Me I'm doing fairly well, I miss him, but I have so many children who shower me with their love that I'm doing good. I have my ups and downs, when frustrating things happen I miss him the most. I'm keeping pretty busy, and trying to have a good attitude. Sundays are usually pretty rough days, but last sunday the bishop in our ward got up and talked about how we need to help those whose husbands are gone, and I received a lot of help from those around me, (especially the Lairds(Thank You!!!) and it made for a much better sunday (I didn't cry, or even feel like crying) The Bishop was truly inspired. I know Heavenly Father is helping me, becuase when things happen and I would normally lose it, I'm able to stay in control and deal with the situation calmly. For instance 2 days ago Samuel took off his diaper in his room and then pooped, and it was all over the carpet, and it took me three hours to clean it, and shampoo his carpet. Today when I went to wake him up from his nap, to go get Betsy from school, he had taken off his pull-up and pooped on the carpet again (although it wasn't quite as bad as before) I really wanted to cry and scream and yell, but I was able to stay calm, and bathe Samuel and clean up the mess, and barely got Betsy from school in time. We love Travis and miss him and pray for his safe keeping.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
If you need me to, I will come help you clean up the poop or whatever else happens. You're doing great!!! I really think Heavenly Father is helping you so much already. :) Give me a holler if you need to have a good cry, or you need me to watch your kids, etc. :)
I'm glad Travis has finally made it to Iraq. We pray for his safety.
Post a Comment