Thursday, November 1, 2012
Halloween
Halloween was crazy, and I was so exhausted after putting the kids to bed, that I didn't even clean up after dinner. I don't have pictures because I couldn't find my camera, and the kids were insistent on leaving right at 6pm when trick or treating starts. While the kids were at school, I went visiting teaching. After school we quickly finished homework, I made dinner, and we got everybody dressed in their costumes. Joseph was a werewolf, and he spiked his hair, and I used face paint to make his face look hairy, and he wore gray sweatpants and sweatshirt. Austin wore her Gypsy costume, Betsy wore her Red Riding hood costume, Same decided to wear Joseph's old karate uniform, and Caleb wore a tigger costume. I'm going to try and have them dress up after school, and take pictures, so I can post them. We went trick or treating around the neighborhood. There were a lot of kids around, and Joseph saw some of his friends, and started staying with them, even though I told him he needed to stay with us. We tried staying with Joseph and his friends, but they were too fast, and we lost them. I didn't want to ruin the rest of the kids trick or treating and I knew Joseph would probably just stay with his friends, and then come home when they were done. So we continued our trick or treating. Nothing too eventful happened. Caleb was really cute, he figured out pretty quickly how everything worked and would walk up to the person handing out candy, say "treat" and grab one candy out of their bucket, and say "thank-you" and blow them a kiss, say "bye" and walk back to me. It was really cute. Although if the house had a lot of decorations, or scary costumes, he would have me take him to the door, and would let them or me get his candy, and then take him to the next house, without a word. Samuel tired out first and wanted to go home by 7pm, so we started heading back to our house trick or treating along the way. We got back to our house by 7:45 and walked in and saw Joseph's candy bucket sitting in the entry way, but no Joseph. I was starting to panic, when our neighbor across the street knocked on the door, and said Joseph was at the other neighbors house. So I went and got Joseph, and thanked them for watching him. Apparently when Joseph realized we had been separated, he went back to our house, to find me. He went to the neighbors to call me, (I didn't have my cell phone with me) and stayed with them, since he couldn't get a hold of me. So Joseph is in trouble, but I was very happy to see him again and bring him home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment