Wednesday, November 7, 2012

busy days

I know I haven't written the past couple of days, things have just been busy taking care of everything, and then I'm just really tired, and want to go to sleep.  I've been frustrated about the kids not listening or obeying, and gotten upset with them.  But today was a better day, I tried harder to be more patient, loving, and kind.  I prayed more, and listened to general conference talks in the car.  Caleb has shown an interest in being potty trained so we went to the store and bought him pull-ups and a toilet seat, becuase he just falls right in our regular toilet, he is so little.  I'm not ready to start the potty training process, he seems like he is still my little baby.  But, I've also learned to take advantage, when they show they are ready.  We'll see how it goes, I'm just going to let him try it when he wants, I'm not ready to spend all day in the bathroom trying to potty train him.  Caleb has started helping me to get Joseph to do his homework, while I'm telling Joseph over and over again to do homework, Caleb goes over to Joseph and hugs him then tells him "joe joe..homework".  It was great, and even better Joseph went right over and did his homework.  The kids all had dentist appointments yesterday.  Samuel has four big cavities, Joseph has one cavity, and the girls each had one tiny cavity, that didn't even require numbing, and only took 10 minutes to fix.  I also took Samuel in for his first child phsycologist appointment.  He mostly just observed him, and asked me questions.  Samuel was very frustrating though, he was going crazy in the office while filling out paperwork.  Throwing things, running away, being loud...I thought the receptionist was going to pull her hair out.  Anyway I was finally able to calm him down, and he helped clean up all the toys.  We took Joseph to scouts, and the girls to Activity days, while Samuel ran around filling up our water bottle, and dumping it out all over the floor, and then going into the bathroom, getting paper towels, and soaking the excess water up.  I voted on Tuesday, but was disappointed by the turnout.  When we were driving home from scouts it was dark outside, and samuel said "I can't see when the dark is on".  I thought that was an interesting way to put it. 

No comments: