Sunday, November 4, 2012
timing
So I was all excited to get an extra hour of sleep, since we change the clocks for daylight savings. I had been slowing putting the kids to bed early by 15 minutes the last few days to make the adjustment easier. So last night I put the kids to bed at what I thought would be eight o clock with the time savings change. I changed all the clocks at dinner time. During the night Caleb woke up twice throwing up all over everything. I changed his bedding, clothes, and mine (he threw up on me too, after picking him up) and then got him back to sleep. I was really tired, when I woke up. I looked at my watch and it said it was 7:55am, I was starting to panic realizing we had to leave for church in 35 minutes. Then I looked at the clock on my phone, and it said 5:55am. That's when I realized my mistake. I had turned the clocks the wrong way. So instead of putting the kids to bed at 8pm, it was 6pm. Anyway, I was really grateful for the extra time to get ready for church. We really needed it, we barely made it on time as it was. Caleb was acting fine when he woke up, so we went to church. Sacrament meeting was difficult today. Austin was mad, because she didn't want anyone touching anything that belonged to her, and I was trying to get her to share. Samuel was not being quiet or holding still, and Joseph wouldn't leave Betsy alone, and Caleb didn't want to hold still either. I had to take Caleb and Sam out several times. Joseph followed Caleb out once, and Austin stormed out once, because I asked her to share her toy that Caleb really wanted. My primary class was very unruly and I had to take one particularly disruptive child to his Dad, and even when he came back he wasn't behaving very well. I got confused with when our class ended, because our church time changed from 9am to 8:30am, and I'm used to ending on the hour, so I told my class we were done a half hour early, and then when I realized my mistake I had to round them all up and try to calm them down again. After church, I found out Joseph had been throwing food (I don't know where he got it) and then punched another kid in the stomach because "he made me mad"(says Joseph) Joseph claims he didn't sleep at all last night, because he was reading by flashlight. So I told him he had to nap until dinner. He didn't sleep, but he did stay in his room most of the time. Austin was really sweet when we got home, she made me a peanut butter and honey sandwhich, and put it on a large plate, and then surrounded it in a pattern with cut up apples, oranges, and sliced cucumbers. She even made a smiley face out of sliced cucumbers for the eyes, my protein vitamin for the nose (I take a protein vitamin every time I eat, to help me digest proteins) and an apple slice for the nose. It looked very nice. She even brought me a glass of water, and a napkin. I played missionary impossible with the girls, and then downloaded all the general conference talks and burned them to CDs to listen to in the car. I made dinner of salmon patties, sauteed summer squash, and homemade french fries. Then the girls and I made mint ice cream for dessert. I played "go fish" with Samuel and Austin, and we watched "the best two years" and then put the kids to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment