After we were done at the fish hatchery we went to a park next to the columbia river and had a picnic, then we got some ice cream at a walk up ice cream store, and after that we walked across a little bridge to an Island and enjoyed walking around. The older boys found a cool tree to climb on and had fun with that, and Samuel was excited to "pee on a tree" for the first time, and was pretty pleased with himself. (I was especially glad that my sister reminded me that he couldn't be facing the wind when he peed, and I turned him around just in time) Austin enjoyed skipping and picking more flowers (really tall ones, up by the roots). Austin also loved her newest cousin "baby dillan" The kids all loved him a little too much, and we usually ended up needed to save him from them. I got to go to the Portland temple with my parents, which was awesome. I got to go lap swimming with my Dad a couple of times, and boy age has still not slowed him down at all, it will probably be 20 more years before I'll be able to catch up with him. I got to go to the fabric store with my sister-in-law and my mom, and pick out some fun new projects. I also met some of my friends at the park, where we got buckets of rain poured on us, but we at least had a covered play area to run to. The kids loved running and splashing in the puddles, and getting soaked, we had a good time.
No comments:
Post a Comment