Sunday, July 5, 2009

Going to Oregon
















We left June 17th to go to Oregon for about 2 weeks, for a Hardy family reunion and Joseph's baptism. Flying is never fun with four small children and no husband to help, but we managed to survive. The El Paso airport wasn't too busy, so it didn't take too long to get through lines. I tried using one of those monkey harnesses for Samuel, but the second I touched the tail, he would scream and throw a huge fit, but he liked it as long as I wasn't holding onto it, but whenever he tried to escape I would pull on it and tell him, I would let go as soon as he was next to me. The people around us were always helpful and friendly, and no one said I was crazy (even though I'm sure some were thinking it) We were so happy to get to Oregon, and see the beautiful green scenery, although for the first week we were pretty cold, since it never got above 70 degrees. The kids loved having a man around to play with, as you can see by them all hanging on the Uncle Josh (pictured above). We went to the bonneville dam and fish hatchery, which was a lot of fun. The fish were fun to watch as well as some huge sturgen that the boys nicknamed "shark". But the biggest attraction for the girls was a grassy patch filled with wildflowers, they were in heaven skipping happily and picking flowers.

No comments: