Sunday, July 5, 2009

Camping for the Hardy reunion
















We went camping in central Oregon near Lake Billy Chinook for the Hardy reunion this year, everyone but one of my sisters and her family were able to come. We camped at a KOA campground that was pretty nice, the kids and I were in a cabin, and there was a swimming pool, and a playground, and some outdoor games available for play. The kids loved playing with their cousins, and swimming in the pool, and the park. We also took a trip over to Smith Rock for some rock climbing, it was pretty amazing watching how some people were rock climbing. I forgot to bring my camera so I don't have any pictures of it, but it was awesome. My brothers set up two ropes, and they had harnesses for everyone except the youngest kids, and we all took turns rock climbing. It was fun, I made it all the way to the top, but only becuase my Dad was belaying me and helped me up in a few spots. It made me want to take another rock climbing class with Joseph. We also went out on the lake and had a ton of fun playing in the swimming area and going out on the boat, and riding in the tubes. It was so nice to be able to go places without having to spend the whole time just counting my kids to make sure I know where they all are. The food was also really good, something about camping (and my mom's cooking) just makes food so delicous. We had a little trouble with a flat tire, but managed to get the fixed in time, and we made it back just in time to change and go to Joseph's Baptism.

No comments: