I had a very interesting conversation with Joseph on the way to Judo yesterday. We were talking a little bit about going to heaven, and what we have to do to get to the Celestial kingdom to be together forever again, when Joseph was quite for a moment and then said
Joseph: "Mom, Boogers are like sins aren't they?"
mom: "What?" (I had to make sure I heard him correctly)
Joseph: "boogers are like sins, they are sticky and sins stick to you. So you've got to be a nose picker like me, and pick out those sticky sins, or i guess you could blow your nose too, that would be like repentance."
mom: "but Joseph, you like to eat your boogers after you pick them, isn't that like sinning the same sin again, and not truly repenting"
Joseph: "But, they taste so good to me" (ewww gross)
Mom: "Isn't it true that sometimes, sins do momentarily taste good, but in reality you're just putting all that icky stuff back into your body?"
Joseph: "yeah, I geuss so mom, I need to work on that. I guess when you do that you have to repent extra long and hard, so that you don't do it again."
Mom: "That's right joseph"
At this point we arrived at Joseph's Judo class and off he went. I never thought boogers would be a good lesson for the gospel, but hey I guess that's the logic of a 7-year old boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment