The kids looking at the sleeping lions at the zoo
Daddy feeding the peacock some popcorn
We decided to go to Albuquerque this weekend, so that Travis and I could attend the temple. Travis didn't get a pass to leave, until about 5pm on Friday, man that sure took a lot of paper work, just to get a pass for the weekend. So we left about 6pm and stopped and got dinner at Johnny Carinos, which was yummy, and stopped at the outlet mall on the way out of town for valentine's day gifts, and didn't leave until 9pm. So we didn't end up arriving at our hotel until 1am. Man were we tired, so we carried sleeping kids up to our room, and put them back to bed, then of course samuel woke me up at 4am, I was not happy, I managed to get him to go back to sleep a little longer, but not much. Travis went to the temple, while I watched the kids and helped them get ready for the day. Then when Travis got back we had to pile up all the kids and check out, because I wouldn't be ready in time to check out. So I had Betsy carry my shoes, pants, and socks that I was going to change into after the temple out to the car, but apparently she set them down, outside about 10 feet from the car, because they were "too heavy" and she didn't tell anyone, so when I got done at the temple and came back to the car to get my clothes to change into, they were no where, so we drove back to the hotel, and they were gone, and nobody at the hotel had them, so we went to Kohls so I could get some new shoes, pants, and socks. I was lucky they were having a big president's day sale, so I got a pair of nice jeans for $15, a nice pair of walking shoes, normally $60, for $32, and some valentine's socks for $1. So we finally made it to the zoo, and had 1 hour before it closed. So we walked as fast as we could, and tried to see as much as we could, we had a lot of fun in that one hour, and we also got to see a lot of animals, because they were getting fed.
After the zoo, we were all hungry so we went to a route 66 diner, that was a fun place to eat at with yummy shakes. You can tell by the pictures that we were all a little silly, but we had fun. There was also a hopscotch on the floor by our table, so the kids had fun doing that, and samuel looked so funny trying to hopscotch that I had to video it.
We ended up getting home about 11pm, and woke up exhausted this morning, but we had a wonderful trip!
2 comments:
it looks like a fun trip. What a great idea for the two of you to rotate temple sessions. You have such a cute family - love the diner pics.
awesome hopscotching samuel
Post a Comment