Monday, February 2, 2009
FHE
We had a fun family home evening tonight. I got the idea from Travis' cousin's blog and adapted to our household. Basically I told them how Heavenly Father gave us our bodies as a gift, and if we follow the commandmants, and obey the prophets, and parents, then we will receive "the ultimate treasure" eternal life. That really got their attention. I told them that Heavenly father gave us a map, and clues to obtain this treasure, which were the aforementioned things. Then I produced a map that I had drawn of our house, that told them which rooms to go into, and that they would find a clue in that room. The clues were from primary songs, for example the map took them to Joseph's room,and the clue said "I looked out the ____ and what did I see?" They guessed window, and found the next clue on Joseph's window. Then they followed the map The living room, and the clue said "Book of _____ stories that my teacher tells to me" they guessed Mormon, and looked in our Book of Mormon for the next clue and so on....it eventually led them to a spot in the garden with and X on it, and they dug it up, to produce a "treasure" it was peanut butter cups covered in chocolate (a homemade version of Reeses), Yummy! It was a good night, and the kids really enjoyed it. If only I could find good ideas like this every week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kayley,
You are amazing. Your kids are so lucky to have a great mom.
Grandma
Post a Comment