Tuesday, September 19, 2023

June 2023

Caleb's eye got really irritated and swollen, so I took him to urgent care.  The Dr. said it looked like an allergic reaction and gave him some medication to help clear it up.  But at least we got to enjoy some time together while waiting at the Dr. office.  We like to play "ticket to ride" a pass and play game on my phone.  I love how Caleb's wants to play games together as much as I do.  He is fun to be around, even when he isn't feeling good.  
The whole "crew" arrived at six flags in fiesta, TX.  It was so nice to have everyone wearing the same shirt, it made it easier to spot everyone and keep track of each other.  
Grandma ready for the day of fun!
We all got wet on the river rafting ride; we went twice.  I got completely soaked both times!  
We are ready for our day of fun at six flags with Grandma and Grandpa Hardy
Gideon and Malachi went with a friend to the swimming pool, while I taught piano lessons.  Unfortunately, Gideon told the mom he already had sunscreen on and got pretty sunburned (I think he learned his lesson).  His poor ears got so burnt that they blistered, especially his left ear.  
Sam and Caleb went to a country dancing activity for the Youth in our stake, I think they both had a good time. 

We got to eat Texas-shaped waffles at the hotel we stayed at with Grandma and Grandpa Hardy in San Antonio.  
Such cute little fruit snacks!












The dress my mom bought me for my birthday!


Playing with some friends (the Tates') at our neighborhood pool
Eating dinner at Costco



Gideon found a fuzzy caterpillar at the waterpark






   I got called as the new primary president for our ward the beginning of June.  It was totally unexpected as we had gotten a new presidency just a few months ago.  When the bishop extended the call to me, I felt the spirit enter into my heart and confirm to me that this is what the Lord wanted me to do.  I was able to get my counselors called within a week and we took over on Sunday.  The process was lead by the spirit, and spent a lot of time praying and pondering, and felt the spirit confirm to me who each of my counselors should be.  One of them I had never even met before, and the other two I knew, but only one of them very well.  They have all been wonderful to work with, and I can really see how the Lord brought us together to help the primary.  I love this calling so much already, and even though it is a lot of work, it brings the spirit into my life more, and feel as though I am doing His work.  Travis spent the entire month of June at NTC (National Training Center) in California, so he missed out on all our fun.  Gideon and Malachi went to education summer camp for the first 3 weeks of June, for 4 hours Monday through Thursday.  Caleb got to go to a GT (gifted and talented) camp for a few days (4 hours at a time) and got to make a cause-and-effect thing with dominoes, balls, cardboard, and lots of other things, he had a lot of fun. They had a lot of fun creating things and playing with friends.  Grandma and Grandpa Hardy came and stayed with us for a week and played in San Antonio for a couple days with them.  We picked them up from the airport and drove to a hotel, and they walked to Costco (only a couple blocks) and got some dinner.  The next day we went to Six Flags in Fiesta Texas.  The boys even made up a song about "Six Flags" while we were driving in the car, it was pretty cute.  We spent the day riding rides, eating food, and having a good time.  We had a storm at one point with rain and lightning and they shut everything down, luckily it didn't last too long, and we got to keep riding rides.  After they shut things down the second time, we decided we were done for the day, and headed back to the hotel.  We walked over to Costco again for dinner and relaxed for the rest of the evening.  The next day we went to Schlitterbahn (a huge waterpark).  We checked out of the hotel and picked up my Aunt Sarah (my dad's sister-in-law), who came with us to the waterpark.  The place was so huge that there were two separate waterparks that you took a shuttle between the two.  It was a little hard to keep track of everyone, we lost Samuel and Caleb for a little while, but eventually found them.  Everyone had a good time, and we even went to Jack and Sarah's for dinner after the waterpark.  It was nice to see them, as it had been a long time.  Then we drove back to temple and got to enjoy Grandma and Grandpa for a few more days before they went back home.  We got to celebrate mine and my dad's birthday (both june 12th) which was nice to have them around for.  Samuel also got a job as a lifeguard for the summer.  He completed the training and has been working a good amount of hours. 

No comments: