Saturday, October 27, 2012
Trunk or Treat
Today was chore day around our house, and as usual at least one child had to make things really difficult. Joseph was the magic child today. He whined and complained about doing his chore every few minutes, or had to go to the bathroom, or get a drink...or some other random excuse for not doing his chore. The others kids all got their chores done my lunch time, except Joseph. He still got to go swimming with his "big brother" since I'm not allowed to use that as a punishment. His "big brother's" name is Sean, and this was their first outing together. They had a good time. While Caleb took his nap today, the girls and I made Carmel, and then carmeled apples dipped in chocolate. We used the honeycrisp apples we picked up with our bountiful basket this morning. They turned out beautifully and delicious, the ladies I visit teach should be happy. Then I made black bean soup and cornbread to take to our Fall Festival/trunk or treat that I signed up to bring. I was actually trying to make some cornbread waffles, I got the idea on a website. You put your chili and shredded cheddar cheese on top of the cornbread waffle. I thought that looked really fun, and they were cooking fine in my waffle iron for the first few waffles, but then they started sticking really bad, and were getting really messy, so I gave up and used my muffin top pan and mini muffin pans to cook the rest of the batter. We got everyone changed into their costumes, (sorry didn't take pictures this time) and drove to the church. We were late, so most everyone was already eating when we got there. The kids and I put our food on the tables, and got in line. But all my cornbread muffins were all gone, by the time we got to the table, so I didn't even get to try them, but Joseph was able to grab one, and told me they were delicious. Samuel had a bit of drama, because all the muffins were gone (I made them gluten free) and he didn't want any soup, and the only thing left for him to eat was salad. I was finally able to calm him down, and get everyone soup. I grabbed some of my black bean soup, I love it. Although I forgot how much Caleb loves it. He hogged my spoon and the entire bowl of soup, he would barely share any with me at all, and kept spilling it on him. Fortunately Betsy was wonderful about grabbing me more napkins, and an extra spoon, and I was able to grab a second helping of soup. After the dinner we did the trunk of treat. All the kids loved going around and getting candy, and Caleb got so excited ( I never give him candy) that he dove into his bucket, as soon as he realized that it was candy that people were putting in there, and shoved a sucker in his mouth, wrapper and all. He would not let me pull the wrapper off, so I figured it wouldn't hurt anything. Well apparently you can eat a sucker without taking off the wrapper, because when we were done getting candy, I was finally able to pull the stick out of Caleb's mouth, and there was nothing left on the stick, except the wrapper. Once we got to the car, I had all the kids pass their candy buckets to the front, and then when we got home, they sorted their chocolate candy from the non-chocolate. I paid them 5 cents for each chocolate candy(I stick it in the freezer, and use it in baking), and told them we'd sell the rest to a dentist somewhere. My kindle fire died on me this morning. It won't turn on, and I can't figure out why not. It's annoying, because I read my scriptures on there, as well as other things. I hope I can figure out how to get it to turn on again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment