So almost two weeks ago, we were having a garage sale, and Caleb woke me up real early in the morning, so I decided I'd better get to work. Caleb was helping me open up the fridge to get out some ingredients to make some muffins, and the butter container (held 1 lb of butter, and was a hard plastic rectangle container) fell out and hit Caleb on the head. It started bleeding like crazy, like head wounds do, and I immediately covered it with a cloth, and yelled for Travis. Austin was with me at the time, and was really worried about Caleb. As soon as Travis got down, I got out a little ice pack, and Travis held it to his wound for the next twenty minutes while he cried, and tried to get away from the ice pack. It stopped bleeding, and we woke up the rest up of the kids and got everyone into the car to take Caleb to the hospital to get his stitches (nothing else was open yet, as it was almost 6am). By the time we got to the hospital, Caleb had calmed down a lot, and we left the older kids in the waiting room, while Travis, Samuel, Caleb and I went back into the trauma area for Caleb to get his stitches. So the doctor came and looked at Caleb, and determined that he needed stitches. So Travis left with the other kids to go set up the rest of the garage sale, and Sam stayed with Caleb and I. Caleb fell asleep while we were waiting for the doctor to come do his stitches. The nurse was able to put on the topical anaesthetic while Caleb was asleep. Another half hour later, the doctor came in to do the stitches. Caleb woke up, and one nurse held his head, while the other held his arms and body still, and I could hold his little hand. They numbed up the rest of his wound, while Caleb cried, and then they covered him with a towel with an opening for where the wound was. Caleb calmed down, and just fussed during the doctor putting in his stitches, and Sam and I sang to him to help him calm down. When they were done, Caleb had 4 little stitches in his head. We got them taken out a week ago, and it seems to be healing nicely, although he'll have a nice scar.
Yesterday Travis was studying in the baby's room, and Samuel pulled a blanket down from the baby's crib, and it knocked a stack of flashcards off of a tall box next to Travis, and it fell onto the blanket. Travis told Sam to put the blanket back, and when Sam flipped the blanket back up to the crib, it shot the flashcards back up on top of the box almost exactly where they were to begin with, it was awesome!!
Yesterday Samuel and I went to Costco to return a swimsuit and as we were going in, Samuel asked me why I was taking my swimsuit back, and I told him it was too small. So Samuel said to be "so you need a size "big"?" I almost got offended, but then remembered how old he was, so I simply said "no, I think I'll try a medium size."
 |
| Samuel decided that Daddy and I needed a "mantic"(romantic) dinner, so he made this dinner and set it up all by himself. He was so sweet, he got a candle, and had me light it, and made up plates of food for us, we even had a leftover bottle of sparkling grape juice someone had given us for Christmas, that he found. He also kept all of the other kids out of the room, so that we could have privacy. Samuel can be such a sweetheart |
 |
| Austin made a nice display of nature things outside our back door, she was very sweet |
 |
| Austin in front of her nature display |
 |
| Me with the ivy bouquet, tiara, necklace and bracelet on, that Austin made me |
 |
| Caleb loves his bike trailer |
 |
| Caleb still happy about his bike trailer |
 |
| Joseph is happy |
 |
| Joseph made this big tower of legos for Caleb to knock over |
 |
| Caleb in his car seat pre-stitches |
 |
| Betsy and Caleb |
 |
| Joseph with the hole in his lip that needed stitches |
 |
| Joseph, Austin, Betsy, and Samuel on the Cougar in front of BYU stadium |
 |
| Caleb at the hospital just before getting his stitches |
 |
| A close-up look at the wound |
 |
| Caleb just after getting his stitches in |
 |
| Caleb after getting his stitches out |
No comments:
Post a Comment