Monday, March 19, 2012

Poor Betsy

We got home tonight from our family home evening activity at trafalga, and it was already past the kids bed times, so we told them to run right inside and go straight to bed.  I grabbed the baby, and everybody was running in the house.  Travis shut the last door to the car, locked it, and went inside.  I went upstairs and changed the babies diaper, and then went downstairs with Travis to tuck the boys into bed, and say prayer with them.  That took a few minutes, and then went upstairs to say prayer with the girls, but Betsy wasn't there.  Austin said she never came in, so I ran out to the car, and sure enough Betsy was in the car pounding on the window and crying hysterically.  When Travis locked the car, and it beeped showing the alarm was on, Betsy panicked.  We didn't realize she was still in there, and she didn't calm down long enough to realize all she had to, was unlock the door to get out.  My poor little girl, was in there for about 15 minutes, that's a long time for someone who is scared and panicking.  So I quickly pulled her from the car and carried her in the house, and cuddled her for a while, until she calmed down and was okay again.  I guess Betsy has learned three things, 1.  Get out the car quickly when we get home, and 2.  You can unlock the car from the inside, and 3. panicking makes things worse

No comments: