This week was spring break so the kids were home from school. Travis and I still had school, and we've been studying for finals and such, but we did at least one fun thing with the kids each day. It was also no T.V. week, and that went really well, the kids hardly complained about it at all.
Monday-Hike to Y and ice cream. Everyone made it to the top of the Y, and did a great job. Joseph made it up second, and down first. I only had to pull out my first aid kit once, when Betsy hit her knee on a rock. It ended up being a really hot day, so we went out for ice cream at SubZero afterward...yum!
Tuesday-Travis' Gymnastics Class, Park. Travis had his final in gymnastics, and the kids and I all came and watched. He was pretty amazing, and the kids and I were allowed to play on the trampoline, and enjoyed that a lot.
Wednesday-Bowl Park. We walked to the park above the temple, and had a great time playing in the sand box, running up and down the hill, climbing trees, and playing tickle monster at the playground. Joseph's friend Josh had come with us, and when we got home, he realized his ipod was missing. So we drove back and looked all over the park for it, but couldn't find it. Finally Joseph and Josh looked one more time, and a group of girls had found it, and gave it back to them
Thursday-Trafalga, potluck. We went to trafalga and had fun rock climbing, laser tag, and other games. That night we had a potluck with the other chaplain candidates at our house and their families. It was a lot of fun. There was tons of people and kids, and even had a kid pee all over the floor.
Friday-Swimming and reading to Travis and quizzing him. Travis needed to study, so the kids played with friends most of the day, while I read to Travis and helped him get ready for his test. Then we all went swimming. It was "the best time ever" according to Joseph. We played lots of games in the water, and raced each other
Saturday-Bike ride to post office and library. On Saturday we didn't have a car, because Travis had to work in SLC. I needed to mail a package, so the kids and I rode bikes all the way there, and back to the library. I pulled Betsy and Caleb in the bike trailer, Because Betsy hasn't learned to ride her bike yet. I really need to teach her, the bike trailer was way to heavy with her in it. Joseph had to ride his scooter, because he doesn't have a bike.
This is the interview I gave to the children, Joseph age 10, Austin 9, Betsy 7, Samuel 5
What is your favorite color?
Joseph-Tank, which is a brownish-greenish-blueish
Austin-Pink and Blue
Betsy-Turquoise, but it will change tomorrow, you know I change it once a month
Samuel-Green, Black, Gray
If you could have a superpower what would it be? and Why?
Joseph-Everything, because I want to control everything, I would be cool, and could defeat villains easily, so I would still have time for fun
Austin-Flying, because I don't have to walk, and I can say "ha ha, I'm flying and your not"
Betsy-Follow Me...it makes people follow me when I do good things, so I would know when I'm a good example
Samuel-It would be table blocking shield, because it's pretty cool, and has fire power, and shield power
What do you want to be when you grow up?
Joseph-Secret Agent, because it would be awesome, and I could go wherever I want, because I would have an agent pass
Austin-Teacher and a Mom
Betsy-A Teacher, because it looks easy
Samuel-A spider man fireman
How do you think you could be a better person?
Joseph-Be more responsible, I'm working on that right now
Austin-To act better, to not be mean to Sam anymore, and my other family members
Betsy-by following God
Samuel-Be nice
If you were granted one wish, what would you wish for?
Joseph-my superpower
Austin-more wishes
Betsy-to follow God
Samuel-A table, a new shiny table, which I would not put diapers on
What does it mean to be perfect?
Joseph-it means you have a responsibility and people try to do what you do...like what the believers did while Jesus Christ was on the earth
Austin-don't do anything wrong
Betsy-make no sins
Samuel-maybe, or probably a new car with some lights everywhere, like I would call it...dot...flash-dot
What to do for fun?
Joseph-play with friends, read books, play the computer or video games, I like to have fun
Austin-play with friends and family
Betsy-play with friends
Samuel-play with friends and we dress up as Supermans and Spidermans and ....mans
What are you excited about this summer?
Joseph-We're going to Colorado, and see the new place, it's sad because we're leaving behind friends, and this house with a rope swing and play house, but I'm sure Colorado will be fun, and we'll have more hikes
Austin-Going to Oregon
Betsy-that we're going to Grandma and Grandpa's and we might go to the beach to get Austin a new seashell (I want to hike to the "O" in Oregon)
Samuel-About peanuts, because peanuts have pee in them, you know, they really do taste like pee...I think they're made with pee juice
What is your favorite food for dinner?
Joseph-French Fries and Beans and Greens(Kale and beans)
Austin-Gnoccis
Betsy-Top Ramen
Samuel-Chicken and Cake and more Chicken and Cantaloupe
1 comment:
It sounds like you had a great spring break. It's been nice here for the past month, except over spring break when it was cold. :( You guys sound like you are doing great. When are you going to be in Oregon this summer?
Post a Comment