I have have too much going on this past week or so, and I feel the need to vent to relieve my stress, and this blog is a good outlet. Last week Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday were filled with finals and papers, which we finally got done! Yeah!! Thursday was graduation, and Travis had a lot of his family coming, so we spent all morning cleaning and getting ready for the party we were having at our house afterwards, for all the family who were coming up for graduation. Travis' sister and her kids were going to watch my kids so that I could go to graduation, and they were late getting there, so I had to rush over to the marriot center with the baby to get there in time. The place was packed, but luckily Travis' mom and sister had walked over earlier to save seats, but we were still way up high, and it was really hot too. The baby fell asleep on the way over, so he slept in my arms the first part of it, and then I took him in the halls the rest of the time. Travis looked so handsome in his graduation cap and gown, and his army uniform. Anyway the party afterwards was fun, but was very busy getting all the food and such taken care of. After the party, we cleaned up and went to bed. Friday was also filled with graduation events, which was fun, but long, and I kept having to follow Caleb and Sam around. There was a lunch afterwards so we stayed for that, but Travis' mom and sister had to leave so they didn't stay for that. We finally got home, just barely in time for the rest of the kids to get home from school. We had to clean up after having company, and were trying to get ready for our garage sale in the morning, and packing up stuff for Travis to take Sunday morning on his trip to Colorado (he was taking a trailer full of stuff to put in storage). Travis picked up the trailer, and put garage sale signs up around the neighborhood. Samuel kept leaving the house and riding his bike around, and I would look out the window occasionally to make sure he was still were he was supposed to be, and one time I couldn't see him, so I grabbed to baby and we walked around to find Samuel. One of the neighbors was just getting home, and saw me and waved me over. She told me that Their neighbors had called them and said Samuel was in their house while they were gone. She said he had taken some food, and played with some toys. I was appalled, I apologized to her, and told her I would talk to Sam. By the time I was done talking to her, I saw Sam had returned to the house and went home to confront him. After getting the whole story out of Samuel, I discovered that he had been riding around looking for a friend to play with (I had already told him he couldn't play with friends) and he knocked on their door and when they didn't answer he went inside to see if his friend was there. He looked around and couldn't find him, so he decided to wait until he got home, and while he was waiting he got hungry so had some food, and played with his friends' toys, because he was bored. So it made sense in Samuel's mind, but I talked to him about not going into other people's houses when they are not home. Then he told me, he did the same thing at two other friend's houses. I couldnt' believe it. Anyway we took some fresh bread that I had made over to their house, and Samuel apologize and said he wouldn't go into there house again when they weren't home. So after that, Samuel has to have me, or one of the other kids with him in order to leave our house.
So early Saturday morning Travis (at 3:30) and I (5:30) woke up and got to work getting ready for the garage sale. I made three different kinds of muffins, and then helped pull everything out of the house for the sale. The kids were helping a little bit, but mostly just wanted to play in the uhaul trailer Travis and rented. So as soon as we had everything out for the sale, we would take turns packing everything up, watching the kids, and manning the garage sale. My muffins sold really well, and we sold some green smoothies and popcorn as well. It was a slow day for customers, maybe because it was graduation day, but we did make over $100 so it was worth the work, I guess. The landlords are trying to sell the house we are renting, so the realtor came over and put up a sign and said he needed to take pictures, and showed someone the house. I was embarrassed because in every room things had been torn apart, due to packing, and pulling stuff out for the garage sale. And the kids had been making lots of messes while Travis and I were busy.
Betsy was playing with one of her friends, and she was petting her cat and the cat bit and scratched her arm up, she came running home, with her arm bleeding. I washed her arm, rubbed some lavender oil on her temples and neck to help calm her down, and bandaged up her wounds, only 5 of the bites or scratches were bleeding enough to need a bandaid, and then she was good as new.
Joseph was playing at one of his friends houses, and he lost control and hurt his friend. He was extremely distraught and sorrowful, he kept running away, and he wouldn't talk to anyone, after a couple of hours of trying to communicate with him, he finally told me he had a hurt the other boy and that everyone hated him, and he wasn't worth loving, no one could love him. I was really concerned, since I had never seen Joseph so distressed and feeling unworthy of love. I tried talking to him about the atonement, and how Heavenly Father and Jesus love him unconditionally, and that we, his family, love him too. I told him to pray, but he said he couldn't. I called the other boys' mom, and made sure he was okay, and they said he was just fine, just a little upset with Joseph. We finally called everyone in the family (except Joseph, he wouldn't come, he just kept hiding) and had a family prayer for him. A little while after that Joseph came to me, and said he was feeling better, and I told him that we had a family prayer for him, and that we love him. He went over to the boys house and wanted to apologize to them, they weren't home, so he said he was going to stay on the front porch and wait for them to get home, because he refused to leave until he said sorry, it was too important. So I left him there and he stayed there for an hour, but they we had to leave, so he called him on his mom's cell phone, and said sorry. So that night at 6pm we went to a Kaleigh (a Scottish party, pronounced just like my name) with the other chaplain guys in the program, and we were late but, we still had way too much to pack and take care of, so we only stayed about an hour and a half, but it was really fun. We got home, and Travis Dad came with us, since he was going on the trip with Travis. We worked until almost midnight, but then had to go to sleep. We woke up early again, and I made Travis and his Dad some food for lunch and dinner. Travis' Dad had a diarrhea accident in the night, and dripped all the way from the couch to the bathroom, and made quite a mess of the bathroom and such, so Travis cleaned up most of that, he was very sweet to take care of his Dad. Anyway we went to sacrament meeting at the earlier ward so Travis could get on his way to Colorado, and Caleb and Samuel were being difficult, so we left after the Sacrament. I helped Travis finish packing up, and they left on there way. He forgot to take the couch and some other things inside from the garage sale, so I had to call our neighbor to help me move some stuff. Then the kids and I went to primary in our ward. The house was completely trashed from the weekend stuff. Monday I woke up early and took care of kids, and tried to clean as much as I could. Travis called me and told me I had to decide by today at noon, if the kids and I were going to come with him to South Carolina or not, because the army needed to know right away. With everything that's been going on, I have not had the time to think about it, and I really wanted to go to the temple before I decided, so that's been a stressful thing for me. After praying about it last night, I decided we're just going to stay in Oregon with my parents, and not do the extra traveling to South Carolina. So Monday morning the realtor called (the landlord is selling the house we're renting) and needed to show the house to 3 different people. I told him I needed at least until Tuesday, so he made three appointments for Tuesday, so I worked like crazy Monday and Tuesday getting the house clean, while taking care of kids, and everything else. This morning the lady I carpool with let me borrow the car to take Samuel and her daughter to preschool, but on the way home the car died, so I had to call her and have her come pick me up, then she picked up Sam from preschool. I also had to walk Betsy's backpack to school, and ride my bike with Caleb in the bike carrier to the post office to mail a book I had sold on amazon. Caleb has been waking up 4-6 times a night still, making me pretty exhausted, and we had to get Joseph's pine wood derby car cut and painted by Tuesday night for the pine wood derby. We walked to swimming lessons, which the kids enjoyed. The pine wood derby went fine but Sam took off at the end on Austin's scooter and wouldn't stop, so I quickly gathered up the rest of the kids and walked home, but when we got there Sam wasn't there, so I sent Joseph around the neighborhood to look for him, and he found him and brought him back.
4 comments:
Hey! I just was getting caught up on your blog and saw that you are moving to Fort Carson. Does Travis know we live in Colorado Springs (actually north in Monument). Of course, we'll probably be moving by August as we are really working toward a practice purchase and the places we are looking at are not here in the Springs, bummer! Anyway, let Travis know if he is passing through here again that (for storage purposes or what not) I'm here if he needs a place to stay. My number is 719-488-4235.
Thanks Chelsey, I'll let him know, too bad you are moving in August, that is when we will be moving there.
Oh man! You have had a rough week. I'm so sorry! Just think, it's almost over. Soon, you will be moved and life will hopefully calm down a little bit. How long will you be in Oregon this summer? We're not coming until July, but maybe if you are still there, we'll cross paths or something!
Michelle we should be there most of the summer, so we'll probably see each other
Post a Comment