We had a great Easter. On Saturday morning, the kids were helping me fill Easter eggs for the neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt. I had to go help Caleb get dressed, while they were filling the eggs, and apparently Samuel filled up some of the plastic eggs with ham, yes, ham...slices of lunch meat. Luckily as Travis was taking the basket full of eggs to the neighbors to hide them, some of the eggs fell out of the basket and broke open, and Travis discovered the ham inside, and was able to go through the eggs and find the ones with ham in them. I'm sure glad that Travis figured it out, before we hid the eggs, and some of the neighbor children found them and discovered lunch meat in them. Anyway, I brought the kids over to the neighbors house when it was time, and we took a picture of everyone there, and then they said "go" and the kids started running everywhere. Austin had Caleb when they were taking the picture, and when everyone started running, I tried to keep track of her, so I could get Caleb, but when I found Austin, she didn't have Caleb. I was looking around, and couldn't find him anywhere. Travis found him in the backyard, just wandering around. I couldn't believe how fast he had disappeared. Anyway the kids had a great time finding eggs, and eating breakfast at the potluck breakfast they have with the Easter egg hunt. After that Easter Egg, we went over to the BYU stadium to another Easter Egg hunt. They had the football stadium field covered in candy, eggs, and prizes. There were also a ton of people. They had us all stand around the sidelines, and yelled go, and the field was picked clean in under 30 seconds, it was crazy. I found all the kids and we went home. Then in the afternoon, I had to go to the BYU ballroom dance company concert for my Dance class, so Travis watched the kids and I went to the concert. It was amazing...so incredible...the things they can do with the bodies, the choreography, music, costumes, everything was very inspiring, I really enjoyed myself. Then in the evening, I took the girls dress shopping, which was fun, I have two very cute girls. Easter Sunday, today, was also a fairly good day. We had stake conference, so that was a little tricky keeping the kids occupied, but not too bad. Then in the afternoon we colored the eggs and had our Easter egg roll. It was a lot of fun. Travis ended up winning the Easter egg roll. Caleb was really cute throwing his Easter egg, he really liked it. Then we had eggs a la golden rod for dinner.
 |
| All the kids at the neighborhood Easter Egg hunt! |
 |
| Caleb finding his first Easter Egg |
 |
| Daddy helping Caleb get an Easter Egg out of a tree |
 |
| Austin and her friend Mary finding lots of Easter Eggs |
 |
| Sam and his Easter Eggs |
 |
| Caleb fell asleep waiting for the Easter Egg hunt to start |
No comments:
Post a Comment