Monday, October 28, 2013

more sickness

This is Malachi smiling as Travis is singing him a song over the phone.  He loves the sound of his Daddy's voice



Caleb threw up Monday and Wednesday several times, but was finally feeling better by the weekend.  So I spent most of the week home with sick kids.  On Wednesday Caleb, Malachi and I dropped off the car to get an oil change, and then walked to our friends house for an LDS chaplain spouse get together (it wasn't far), and while we were there, I got a call from the school saying that Betsy had thrown up.  I didn't have a car, so one of the nice ladies there, gave me a ride to the school to get Betsy and bring her back, than stayed with her while I got Caleb and Malachi from the friends house and walked home (again not far).  Caleb was so mad at me for taking me away from his friends house, that he sat down and refused to get up.  So I ended up carrying the both of them back to the house.  Thursday the evening was crazy, Caleb was still throwing up in the morning, but felt better the rest of the day.  Both Austin and Betsy went with their "bigs" to carve pumpkins, Samuel had a Soccer game, and Joseph had a psychologist appointment.  So I asked my friend's husband to take Samuel to his game, and I took Joseph to his appointment with Malachi and Caleb.  I had put chicken and rice soup in the crock pot that morning, and offered to bring dinner over to my friend, since her son was sick too.  I decided to make some rolls to go with it, so I looked up a recipe that was fairly easy and fast and started making them.  I realized soon after starting that this was a huge batch.  So I decided to make on large cookie sheet full of rolls, and the rest into cinnamon rolls.  I ended up being able to make 2 more large cookie sheets full of cinnamon rolls, but they were absolutely delicious.  the recipe is on my kitchen blog, if anyone reading this wants the recipe www.kayleykitchen.blogspot.com under potato puff rolls/ maple cinnamon rolls. Also the crock pot went crazy, and tried to explode, I was moving it out of the way to roll out the dough, and it sparked and made a small explosion sound, and half the outlets in the kitchen stopped working.  So I went outside and flipped the circuit breaker, and looked at the crock pot to see what was wrong, but couldn't find anything so I tried plugging it in again, and the same thing happened again only a little louder.  Once again the outlet's stopped working, so I flipped the circuit breaker again, and but the outlets in the kitchen still wouldn't work, I hit the reset button, nothing.  So now only half my kitchen works, so I've moved some of our appliances to the hallway so that they will work.  I put in a work order, but haven't heard back from maintenance yet.  I also finally realized what happened, when I checked underneath my crockpot, and saw the wires exposed in the cord.  I really liked that crock pot, I'm going to try buying some electrical tape, and seeing if I can fix it.  So I was crazy busy getting everything ready, but we made it, and I got everyone off.  The only hiccup, was when we were coming home from Joseph's appointment, we hid bad traffic, and Samuel had to stay at his friend's house until we got back home.
Friday, Joseph had another appointment for neurofeedback, I don't remember if I have mentioned this before in my posts, but the results of his testing found that the front region of his brain is constantly on high alert and agitated, which makes it almost impossible for him to handle stress without anger, so he is going to these neurofeedback sessions to train that region of his brain to calm down, to help him get his anger under control.  I also delieved all those cinnamon rolls, I made up 9 big plates with the extras, to all my visiting teaching families, and serveral friends.  I also had a Samuel's friend's father come and tell me about some inappropriate behavior from Samuel, and asked that our kids stay away from his kids.  These were really good friends of all of ours, so it has been a very difficult weekend for me emotional, dealing with what Samuel did and helping him understand, and teaching him, so it does not happen again.  It has taken several days of study, pondering, and prayer, but I have come to a feeling of peace, that I am doing what is right in helping Samuel, and everything else involved.  I love being able to receive guidance, from a loving heavenly father.  Saturday we spent the day doing chores, and that night went to our ward potluck and trunk or treat.  Joseph wasn't able to come because he did not complete his chores.  Austin and Betsy both dressed up as angry birds, and Samuel and Caleb were each spiderman.  The kids had a great time.  Caleb managed to get a hold of a bright purple frosting cupcake, and was eating it when it slipped and got smooshed all over his front and arm, and of course the floor.  I grabbed all the napkins I could, and a bunch of wet wipes and cleaned him up, but not before his friend Liam wiped some frosting off of him, and licked his finger and said "yum".  That made us all laugh.  I had to go feed Malachi when it was time for the trunk or treat, so Austin and Betsy took Caleb around, and Samuel went with his friend Leighton.  They all had a great time, and were very good, and it worked out perfectly, because I finished feeding Malachi right as they were done, so I walked out, as they were walking towards me, and we went to the car.  They each gave me all there candy, and got to keep there non-candy items and I payed them for their candy.  I was so happy Sunday morning when I woke up, and no one was sick.  We got ready and went to church, it was great.  The kids were pretty well behaved during sacrament meeting.   Samuel's friend Leighton sat with us, and so did his younger brother, and Caleb's friend Liam.  I must have looked quite a sight, with 8 children surrounding me on our bench.  We almost didn't make it, because Malachi woke up not long after the meeting started, and I new he would be hungry, but I didn't see how I could leave to feed him, and getting up and walking out with 8 children, would have been very disruptive.  Austin did take him out once, and change his diaper, and I just let him suck on his little fist.  Of course, the meeting went long, and Malachi was not putting up with just his fist anymore, but we just barely made it to the end of the meeting.  Later the Mom who had been sitting in front of house, told me how impressed she was with how patient I was with my kids.  The kids and I made up a song to sing for Travis when he gets back.  Were down to the single digits now, and getting pretty excited.


No comments: