Sunday, October 6, 2013

exploding 7up


Caleb climbed up to the top of the shelf in the garage and hid in a box, while playing hide and go seek 
Caleb colored all over himself in orange.  This is him feeling bad, after I told him not to color on his body




Caleb has had a runny nose all week, and today when Samuel bent over in front of him, Caleb put his nose on his back and wiped it all up his back, leaving a trail of snot the whole way.  Then Samuel stood up, and oblivious to the snot trail up his back, kept doing whatever he was doing, while Caleb walked off, satisfied that he had taken care of his snot.  Gross and hilarious at the same time.  Caleb threw up Friday evening, and didn't feel good for a while, but was much better Saturday and Sunday, just grumpy.  This was general conference weekend, and I enjoyed listening to the prophets and apostles.  I could only get the girls to listen with me.  while the boys messed around most of the time.  I don't really remember what happened this week, just a blur of messes, diapers, and cooking and cleaning.  I do know that the government shutdown is really annoying, because a lot of things closed down on post, including the commissary, and we may not get paid this month.  Hopefully the government can figure some things out soon.  Caleb and I started a KinderJam class this week, and he loved it.  He was so cute singing and dancing to the songs, and having a great time.  Caleb also said his very first prayer all by himself.  I was contemplating whether or not to try and have my parents come watch my kids, so I could go to the chaplain conference, and Caleb answered my prayers, with his own prayer.  I was helping to prompt him in his prayer, like I usually do, when he said "I do it" and started saying it himself.  He said "Dear Father, thank thee for this day, and please bless mommy not to leave, and please let mommy stay, and help us to be happy and healthy, name of Christ, Amen."  Right then, I knew that Caleb's need for me to stay with him, far outweighed my desire to go to chaplain's conference.  Joseph went to the Priesthood session with a friend, and they had a dinner beforehand.  While Joseph was gone, a friend texted me and said that Joseph had accidently spilled 7up, and it sprayed all over somebody else.  I felt bad for Joseph, thinking about how bad he probably felt, and the brother who got soaked in 7up.  When Joseph came home I asked him about it,  it turns out he did it on purpose!  He told me, they were outside, and he thought it would be funny, so he shook the pop can, and threw it on the ground, where it exploded all over this unsuspecting brother.  I couldn't believe Joseph did it on purpose, he just told me that it was outside, so they didn't have to worry about the mess, and the guy could wash his clothes.  I told him that suits need to be dry cleaned, and that if I can find who the man was, he needs to pay for his dry cleaning bill.  Sometimes I wonder what is going on in his head.  Hoping for a week of less stress, and more sleep!

No comments: