 |
| Caleb fell asleep in a nice comfy spot, with all the stuffed animals |
 |
| Betsy with the butterfly painted on her |
 |
| Samuel with the guitar painted on his cheek |
 |
| Caleb with a smiley face on his cheek, which he promptly wiped off 2 seconds later, with his sleeve |
 |
| Austin with a flower on her cheek |
 |
| Add caption |
 |
| The hula dancers |
 |
| Caleb clapping enthusiastically for the hula dancers, he was absolutely fascinated by the dancing. |
Monday night I fed the four missionaries, and had forgotten until that morning. So Caleb and I went to Costco and bought a huge chicken pot pie, and some rolls, and salad. I had promised the kids we would go to IT'Z right after school (I had a groupon I needed to use), so we went, and my friend Janene came over and stuck it in the oven for me, since it had to cook for an hour and a half. But we had a good time at IT'Z, and made it home in time to get dinner on the table, and make some homemade ice cream. Tuesday night Samuel had his last soccer game, he had a great time playing, but it was dark and freezing, so we were happy it when it was done. Joseph went with a friend to the 100 years of scouting broadcast, and came home and said "it was a great presentation, I wish general conference were more like that". I watched it later with him, and it was a good show, and I learned a lot about scouting. In particular I liked the song they sang about moms, and eagle scouts. I'd like to say we were all healthy this week, but I'd be lying. Caleb got a really bad cold. Wednesday night, he was up a lot of the night, having trouble breathing, and he wouldn't let me give him medicine or anything, he was just miserable. Finally, Thursday, (Halloween) he was so bad, just before trick-or-treating time that he allowed me to give him a breathing treatment, with the nebulizer, and he had a fever so I gave him Tylenol. He finally fell asleep, and the rest of the kids and I watched "dennis the menace" on t.v. and had popcorn. Joseph went out trick-or-treating with a bunch of his friends, and Austin went trick-or-treating with her "Big", but everyone else stayed home with me. Samuel was the most upset about not going trick-or-treating, but he still enjoyed the movie and popcorn, plus I gave each of the kids $5 for their candy, whether they got any or not, so that helped appease him as well. Earlier on thursday I did take Samuel, Caleb, and Malachi to a special trick or treat for special needs kids, and he got to go to a building on post, and get some Halloween toys. I spent the day on Friday, getting ready for a candy making class I was teaching for the relief society super saturday. I made carmel, peppermint patties, chocolate peanut butter balls, and raspberry cremes. I also dipped some apples in carmel, and made some carmel popcorn balls. Friday night Caleb was feeling a little better, so we went to a free military dinner put on by the YMCA, that I had RSVP'd for. The kids enjoyed getting their faces painted, and painted ornaments to send to soldiers oversees. The dinner was yummy, and went well, except Samuel kept whining and complaining about not being able to eat all of it. After the dinner, the guy in charge said the kids could go play in their indoor playground, during the hula dancing. Joseph and Samuel wanted to, so I let them, telling Joseph not to let Samuel out of his sight. Caleb absolutely loved the hula dancing, he kept looking at me with shock and amazement on his face at the way they moved their hips. He kept trying to imitate them while standing on his chair, it was pretty funny. Part of the way through, a lady brought Samuel to me, saying he had pushed a girl, so he stayed next to me the rest of the time. Then when it was over, we went to find Joseph, but he wasn't in the playland, so I let the other kids play in it, except Samuel, and we waited for Joseph to come back, since I didn't want to drag five kids all over the place, looking for him. After waiting an hour, Joseph finally came back. I guess he got mixed in with a group that was being watched by childcare workers, and they wouldn't let him leave. So we finally left and went home. Saturday was the relief society super Saturday, so I gathered up all my supplies, and piled all the kids into the car, and we drove to the church. We ate the breakfast, and I dropped off some of the kids at the nursery, I kept Austin and Malachi with me. Austin helped me make the first step of the Orange cremes, since I had forgotten them at home. Then Austin and I worked on making my menu board for the craft portion. It was time for my candy making class, and after quickly changing Samuel's diaper got started. It was fun teaching everyone how to make the different candies, and they all loved them, and had fun making them. I had to hold Caleb for the first half of it, then Joseph was finally able to coax him into playing with him. Malachi was being passed around to all the ladies, unless I had to feed him. Everyone loves him. I finally finished the class, and fed Malachi again. I came back to clean up the mess I had made in the kitchen, and two ladies had put all my leftover candies in baggies, and were taking them home with them. I was a little disappointed, I wanted to have some leftovers, but oh well, I guess that's what they were there for. At least I had one batch still in the freezer, that wasn't done yet. I cleaned up, and gathered up the kids and went home. As I was driving home, I realized I had signed Joseph up for horseback riding lessons, and that they started in 45 minutes. I hurried home, to grab the address and directions and realized it was a 45 minute drive, and in Peyton, CO. So we drove all the way out to the middle of nowhere, and made it only 15 minutes late. No on had any lunch, but we were 1/2 hour away from the closest city, so we ate all the snacks I had in the car, and the candies from the freezer. Austin was able to get horseback riding lessons too, because one of the kids was a "no show". Austin and Joseph had a great time, they said they loved every minute of it. Caleb and Malachi were asleep in the car, so I sat in the car and read for an hour until they woke up. Then the kids and I played on the Ranch and the swing set for the other two hours. It was supposed to be only 2 hours total, but since they had a late start, the lady gave them a 3 hour lesson. We bought a dozen eggs from her chickens and then stopped for dinner on the way home, we were all starving. I tried to get the kids to do their chores after we got home, but I think they were just as exhausted as I was. Today we made it to church, but soon after sacrament meeting started, Caleb started having diarrhea, after changing him 4 times in 30 minutes, his bum was incredibly sore, and I had run out of diapers, and Caleb was miserable. So we went back home. Caleb is still not feeling good, and is having a hard time, so I've been taking care of him, and not doing anything else I wanted to get done today, to get ready for Travis coming home. Oh well, I know he'll understand.
No comments:
Post a Comment