Friday, November 29, 2013
Our Offer was accepted!
Last friday we got a lot of snow, and Samuel and Travis went and shoveled the driveway of our friends house a few street over, whose husband is deployed and is 7-8 months pregnant, but he got the wrong house, so they ended up shoveling another ladies driveway too. That lady was so grateful, she somehow found out who they were (well Travis was wearing his uniform, so it had his name and rank on it). She found me on facebook and told me how much it meant to her, and then brought us some homemade spaghetti for dinner. Caleb loved playing in the snow this week, loved licking and eating it, and playing in it, but got cold so fast, and would come in and say "I'm sick"
We bought Travis a new car, a silver Chevy Malibou 2010, from the Colorado springs mission home. He loves it. We also made an offer on a house, and it was accepted! Yeah!! This in an older home, and needs some TLC, but has lots of space for us with 5 bedrooms, 2 other rooms, 4 full bathrooms, 3 levels, and 3300 square feet. We are hoping to move in by Christmas. The home was inspected on Monday, and we've got our list of repairs to make, but nothing too big. Wednesday I spent from 5am to 12:30 in my "office"(bedroom) reading and e-signing 70 page documents, finding and uploading 19 documents, reading and signing 26 different documents, and uploading those, and calling and getting estimates for the repairs that will need to be done. Plus, I took care of six kids (okay they mostly watched t.v. and the older ones helped with the younger ones). Then after I finally got all that done, I took a break and took the kids to the park. Then Travis got home, I planned Thanksgiving dinner, and sent him to the store for a few items, and got to baking. I crashed about 6pm, and ordered pizza for dinner. Thanksgiving day the kids and I spent the day, baking, and cleaning. We had our friends the Snells over for dinner, and had a wonderfully delicious feast. Joseph went on a temple trip with the youth on Tuesday and today (Friday). The kids have been home this whole week with no school, so they all came with my to the new home for the inspection on Monday. While I was sitting on the floor feeding Malachi, with Betsy sitting right next to me, Samuel came and jumped through us and accidentally hit the baby in the head. He cried for a long time, and I had a hard time calming him down. Luckily we left from there to go to Betsy's Chiropractic appointment, and the chiropractor checked Malachi out for free, and found a small bone in his neck out of place and fixed it. Malachi was asleep when he was checking him out and fixing it, and he smiled in him sleep right as the chiropractor was fixing his neck. Pretty cool. Tuesday the kids all had dentist appointments, and hooray!! no cavities. Joseph also had another neurofeedback appointment that afternoon. The kids and I made pumpkin cookies, and Travis and Joseph took them home teaching that night, and also made dinner for one of his families.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment