Monday, March 4, 2013

a fun weekend

Caleb was sick all week, so we didn't go anywhere.  But we did make some meringue cookies with strawberry frosting that was really good, and dropped them off to the ladies I visit teach.  Finally by Saturday Caleb was feeling better, so Saturday morning we went to Golden Corral for Austin's birthday breakfast.  Everybody enjoyed it, and the kids were so well behaved that the couple next to us, told me how nice and polite my children were, and how is was a pleasure sitting next to us.  That made me feel great, and told the kids how impressed I was with their behavior.  Samuel had a birthday party to go to, and had a great time.  Then in the evening we had a babysitter come over, and Travis and I went bowling and out to dinner.  We went to an International restaurant that we had a groupon for, and Travis got a lamb gyro, the owner was very friendly and we talked with him for a while, and he gave us a bag of Belgian waffle mix for the kids as a gift from him.  He also gave us free herbal tea, he makes from Egypt and Jordan.  It was a very fun evening.  Sunday I made the waffles for breakfast and some pancakes for Samuel.  I forgot about fast sunday, so just caleb, sam, and I ate breakfast.  After church Samuel kept sneaking waffles into his pockets, so I found waffle crumbs and pieces throughout the house.  We had a family over for dinner, and the kids had a good time playing together, while the adults talked.  It was a good weekend

No comments: