Sunday, February 24, 2013

Another Baby, and birthdays

Austin opening her presents at her birthday party
Caleb in his new snowsuit from G and G Hardy

Austin building a Temple with dominoes

Joseph and Caleb playing peek-a-boo at the park

Caleb peeking through a log at the park

Caleb playing with a car at the park

Caleb swinging at the park

"AAAHHH" my shadow is chasing me!!!

Caleb blowing out his candles

Austin and her friends playing "spa" at her birthday party
I am pregnant with baby #6, and have been since Travis got home from NTC in November.  I am due August 14th, and Travis is supposed to be deployed sometime this summer, so I'm not looking forward to giving birth, without him here.  But I'm still hoping for a miracle, and he will get to be home when the baby is born.  I was sick a lot the first three months, and now into the second trimester, I'm just really tired, have no energy, and basically don't want to do anything.  We are very excited to add another little baby to our family though, and are looking forward to the new adventures it will bring.  The past month and a half have been busy, or just boring, because I was too sick to do much.  I don't remember a lot of what happened, but I'll try to remember some of the things.  Travis was gone for two weeks to San Antonio TX for some training the end of January, and beginning of February.  As soon as Travis got home from TX, we had a formal ball for his squadron.  We dropped all the kids off at childcare (Travis said it was provided), and then went to the ball.  It was a little boring, but interesting to see the way other people's behavior changed, once they'd had a lot to drink.  It was a nice evening with Travis, but we left as soon as we could, to go get the kids.  When we got there, we were told childcare would be $72.  We thought it was free, but I guess not.  Caleb really hated going to childcare, so was really clingy to me for awhile after that.   Both Caleb and Austin have birthdays in February.  Caleb turned 2 on Feb. 17th.  We didn't really do much for his birthday, but I did make him some brownies for a cake, and he opened his presents.  He loved all his presents, and played with them for hours, especially a Thomas the Train engine set.  He was so focused on playing with his presents that we could barely pull him away from his toys to eat cake and ice cream.  We also took Caleb to the park, since the weather was decent, and he loves the park.  We had Austin's birthday party yesterday, but her actual birthday isn't until tomorrow.  Travis was in charge of a marriage retreat yesterday, so as soon as that was done, we came home and only had a few minutes until the party was to start.  I hadn't finished Austin's ice cream cake, so I quickly started making the ice cream, as the guests arrived.  They danced on the Wii, until I was done with the cake, and had gotten the games ready.  Austin wanted to do a little spa.  So the girls took turns, soaking their feet in a foot bath, painting their nails and doing hair.  They had fun, and Caleb had to take his turn soaking his feet too.  Next they playing a BFF game, that's asks different questions, they we had cake.  The ice cream was still a little soft, but it was good.  Then she opened presents, and then time was up. 

2 comments:

Amanda D said...

Happy birthday to the birthday kids! And congrats to you on a new baby! That's so exciting. Hope you are feeling good.

The Kirkmans said...

Thanks Amanda, I'm feeling extra tired, but I'm past the sick feeling at this point. Thank you for the well wishes though, some days I almost feel good