Samuel was eating spaghetti sauce and was about to wipe his hands on his pajamas, when I told him "Sam, don't wipe your hands on your clothes", so he says "okay" and before I can stop him, he wipes his hands in his hair. I say "Sam, you don't wipe your hands in your hair either", he says "what, it matches"...silly boy
Saturday night we took all the kids to the dollar store, and gave them each some money to buy one thing for each other person in the family, and then without their knowing put it on their bed. (we wanted them to do something nice for each other).l So we made it home, and after everyone had distributed their "goods" everyone could go look at their own bed. Well it turns out that Betsy got Travis some dog treats, it was pretty funny. She didn't realize they were for dogs, but thought they were heart shaped treats.
Travis took Samuel and Joseph over to the elementary school for the ward turkey bowl (football) on Thanksgiving. After they had been gone a while, there was a knock at the door. I open it to find Samuel, just Samuel, no Travis or Joseph. I let Samuel in, and ask where Daddy is, he tells me Daddy is still playing football. I ask him if Daddy knows where he is, and Sam said "yes". I know Travis would not let Samuel walk home from the school all by himself (it is about a 10-15 minute walk, crossing two main streets), so I call Travis' cell phone, which I discovered was in our upstairs bedroom. I was about ready to walk back over to the school to let Travis know Samuel was safe, when a member of our ward called, from the football field asking if Samuel was home. I let him know he was, and to tell Travis (they had paused their game and had been looking for him for the past 15 minutes). Travis came home and talked to Samuel and then went back to the football game. I'm very grateful that Samuel made it safely all the way home, and I'm sure he had angels watching over him.
Here are some pictures I had in my phone camera:
 |
| Austin made this turkey for a class assignment out of an orange, grapes, and other food items. |
 |
| I put Caleb in the back of the car, while I was loading up the groceries from Costco, he had fun, playing with the groceries, that I was stacking all around him. |
 |
| My cute little boy |
 |
| Joseph (star wars), Austin (snow white), Betsy (princess), Their friend Jessie(vampire), and Samuel (Soccer Ball again after leaving his gorilla costume at school) for Halloween |
 |
| Betsy made a picture of me out of play-dough |
 |
| Joseph riding the bull at Cornbellys. He had a blast (thanks Grandma and Grandpa) |
 |
| Travis having fun with Caleb (I think he was a little nervous) |
 |
| Betsy and Samuel going down the big slide at the BYU Halloween Party |
 |
| Austin and Betsy spent hours stacking all of these bricks for our neighbor, Joseph and Sam helped a little too |
 |
| The girls made a little hideout for Caleb in between the couch and the wall, and put stuff in the way so he couldn't get out, this is Caleb fighting his way out! |
 |
| This is Samuel at his first Austic therapy session, wearing a body bag (Grandma made him his own for his birthday), it helps him receive sensory input that he needs |
 |
| Happy Samuel |
 |
| Joseph loves his baby brother |
We had a great Thanksgiving this year. Joseph was so relieved to not have to do any schoolwork, and he actually got to play video games, watch T.V., and play with friends for the first time in months. He is no longer doing eschool at home, and going full-time at a new school that hasn't given him any homework. He was quite the happy boy, and I was happy not to try and make him do any school work. I think we were all happy not doing any homework for a few days, although Travis and I should probably have still done some studying we were all ready for a little break from it. We spent Wednesday cleaning and cooking for Thanksgiving, and Wednesday evening Travis' Mom and sister Karina arrived. We had a full Thanksgiving day filled with more cooking, and cleaning, but also fun seeing family. Travis' other sister Maia and her 5 of her kids came, and his aunt and uncle and two of their kids. We had 20 people for our feast, 6 of whom couldn't have gluten, so it took a lot of work making things everyone could eat. It was delicious. Unfortunately has been cutting his first tooth and fighting a cold so he was not a very happy baby.
This year Travis skipped going out black Friday shopping, a combination of lack of funds and not wanting to stay out all night. We did manage to get a few things online, with money Travis' mom gave us. We did go to Costco (I love getting the free cookbook they give out every year on black Friday) and ended up getting the kids these Sherpa pet pillow and blanket sets. They were really excited, but told that's all they're getting for Christmas, they were fine with it, but we'll see when Christmas actually arrives.
No comments:
Post a Comment