Wednesday, November 2, 2011
A frustrating Day with Samuel
I had a really hard time with Samuel today, I started out the morning cleaning out the baby's room, because Samuel has been sneaking food in there and watching T.V., then throwing the food in various places around the room. I discovered it when, I noticed lots of flies in the room, and was trying to figure out why there were so many. I found no less then 10 different pieces of fruit, in various stages of rottenness,and bread crusts, and other pieces of discarded food. I told Samuel he was grounded from T.V. since he had been breaking the rules while watching T.V. I have been letting him watch too much T.V. anyway lately, becuase it has been really difficult to have Caleb and Samuel in the same room, since Caleb has gotten no mobile. I had to study for a test that I needed to take, but still had to watch Caleb and Sam, and clean up the baby's room, so I had Samuel helping me clean the room, only to find that he was throwing things down the hall, or in other areas of the house instead of putting things in the garbage or where they were supposed to go. So, I didn't get much studying done, and only managed a 88% on my physics test. Oh well, I'll just have to do really well on the final. Anyway so I got home about 1pm, and fed the baby and read to Samuel, then we decided to go grab some lunch from Cafe Rio and some pretzels for Travis from the mall. So Samuel, the baby, and I got in the car and started driving away. Samuel proceeded to unbuckle his seat belt and tried to bug the baby and mess the buttons on the car, while singing and screeching at the top of his lungs. I managed to get him to put his seat belt back on, and finally quiet down, just before we arrived. We went into Cafe Rio and Samuel started running around, and pulling on the cords showing where to stand in line, and singing as loud as he can "you are a stupid butthead". I got him over to me and told him maybe he should just wait in the car (I could see the car from where I was at), but immediatly realized that probably wasn't the best idea, but he ran off before I could stop him, and climbed into the car. I had just about reached the front of the line, when Samuel started honking the horn over and over again, so I waved at him to come back inside and he did, just as I was ordering, well he wanted to see over the counter, and kept pulling on the baby's car seat and making it really difficult, so I put the baby down, and picked Sam up, who pulled on the glass between us and the food, and the guy said he couldn't do that, so I put Sam back down, and he immediatly jumped on the baby, so I quickly pulled him off, and told him he couldn't do that, and tried to comfort the crying baby. Sam was running around singing loudly again, so I went to quiet him down, and he ran back and jumped on the baby again. I pulled him off again, and while trying to comfort the baby, quickly paid for our meal, then filled up my drink, and then Samuel threw a fit, because he wanted one too, so I let him go ask for a cup, and then we made our way back to the car. Just before arriving at the car, Samuel dropped his water, and it all spilled, so he ran back and got another water. We got in the car and I gave Samuel his food (a corn torilla), he said it was icky and proceeded to tear it up in pieces and throw it all over the car. I told him that his behavior was not okay, and we were going right home. Samuel started crying saying he was sorry, and said he would be good, and that Daddy really wanted his pretzels, so I agreed, and we drove over to the mall to get pretzels. Samuel was still really loud in the car, I could occasionaly get him to be quieter. We get to the mall, and samuel jumps out of the car quickly and runs off. I jump out, and try to catch him, but he laughs and zigzags through cars. I tell him I'm getting the baby and to come back. He does come back, but only to laugh some more and run off to the mall. I finally catch him waiting for me at the pretzel counter, singing and yelling as loud as he can, and running around in circles. I try in vain to get him to be quiet, but nothing works, so I quickly order the pretzels bites, and when the guy set them on the counter, Samuel jumped up and grabbed a handful of the pretzels(he's not allowed to have any) and started running off, I managed to grab one of the pretzels bites he taken, but he ate the rest, and tried to catch up to him. He decided he needed to stop in every store and mess with stuff and touch it, otherwise I never would have caught him. I grabbed his hand, and told him I couldn't let him go since he wasn't listening, but he yells as loud as he can "your hurting me" and starts punching me. I told him if he would stay right with me and be quiet I would let go, so he said he would and I let go of his hand. We took two steps and he ran into another store and stared messing up the display. So I grabbed his hand again, and started walking. He started hitting me again, and then grabbed a bunch of stuff from my purse and threw it all over. Thankfully some sympathetic people helped me gather it up, but I lost my grip on samuel and he took off running again. He hid behind a big boulder just before the parking lot. As I walked past him, I told him we were going home, and he better come with me. So he followed me to the car, and we drove home, while samuel kept trying to feed the baby his pieces of tortilla from the ground and water, and taking off his seat belt and being loud. I tried explaining to him in a calm voice what behaviors were wrong, and how he should have acted while we were out. I also told him, he was going to spend some time in his room, thinking about how he is supposed to act. I barely survived the trip, but only through several prayers sent heavenward to stay in control and not get angry, but I was still plenty upset. I discovered later today, that Samuel had eated about half his bucket of Halloween candy and had been hiding it around the house, so we quickly went to a dentist office and sold the rest of the candy in the house for $1 a pound . I love that little boy, but he sure can make things difficult sometimes. Also my camera broke, so no pictures for a while, until we can get a new camera.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh Kayley! I'm so sorry you had such a rotten time. I was thinking that Halloween may have had something to do with it. My boys have been on edge also, but I haven't even dared take them to any stores other than the grocery store, and that was only because I really had to! Good luck, I hope with the candy gone his behavior turns around.
Post a Comment