Monday, February 7, 2011

almost there

This past week, Joseph has been home from school every day except Friday with pink eye.  We had a good time for the first two days, then I went and picked up his homework from his teacher.   After that it took two days to get him to do his homework, and that wasn't very fun, but thankfully his eyes are finally better, and he can go to school again.  Samuel and Joseph were getting pretty frustrated with one another.  Samuel doesn't like to share me (or my attention) with anyone.  I know this will be a problem when the baby is born, but we'll cross that road when it comes.  Speaking of the baby, I have just under 2 weeks until my due date, and I'm ready for the baby to come anytime now.  Although I know the longer he waits the better, because he'll be bigger, and it will be harder to get to my classes, and do my homework once he comes.  But physically my body is ready to be done with the pregnancy.  I've been busy cleaning the house really good, and making sure it stays that way, so it will be clean when I go into labor.  I just have two more things on my checklist left to do, and then I'll be completely ready, well as ready as I can get anyway.  The family and I have been trying to drink a green smoothie every day, and I love it.  I have a lot more energy, and feel healthier too, the kids for the most part like them too, as long as I have straws for them to drink them with.  Both Austin and Betsy have colds with quite a nasty cough with them, and I'm trying really hard to get them better before the baby comes.  I got my first chemistry test back, and missed 3 questions out of 25, not bad for my first college test in about 9 years.  I really enjoy going to my classes, and learning, it is a great break from everyday housewife chores.  The highlight of the week was having Travis' mom and her husband, spending the night, while they were driving back home to Montana.  It was fun to see them, for the short amount of time they were here, and the kids loved to see them too. 

No comments: