Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day






We had a good Valentine's Day today.  I hadn't really planned on anything, because I was expecting to have just had a baby, but I'm still pregnant, so we tried to make it a nice day.  Travis picked me up from my class, and we went and got pretzels from the mall, and yummy frozen yogurt with fruit.  It was delicious, and I was stuffed.  Samuel fell asleep in the car while we were driving around, so it was like we were on a date.  We took turns staying in the car, while the other one went and got the food, and then we listened to our book on CD in the car.  We are listening to "Fablehaven", I've already read all the books, but it's still fun to listen to the books.  After the kids got home from school we went to Trafalga, and went miniature golfing.  It was nice enough outside that we did the outdoor course, and had a lot of fun.  At one point I told Samuel "nice hit" and he got a bit upset and said "but, I didn't hit anything".  I realized that he probably thought it was a bad thing, since we've been trying to teach him not to hit.  I explained that I meant how well he hit his ball with the club, and then he said "oh, thanks!"  All of the kids were really excited, and were really good at cheering each other on.  It was a fun family activity that we will probably do many times, since we bought passes to do it all year long.  We had our FHE lesson on love, and then put the kids to bed.  During Betsy's prayer she said "and help Mommy to have the baby tonight, but that she will have time to get to the hospital", afterwards I told her, I would prefer to have the baby during the day, so as not to interrupt every one's sleep.  She is sweet, and keeps praying for the baby to come, so hopefully with enough of us praying, the baby will make his appearance soon.  Although for some reason, Travis wants the baby to wait until Saturday or later.  Maybe he just wants to be able to tease me about going past my due date for once.  But, I'm hoping the kids and my prayers will counteract his, I'm ready for the baby to come now!!!

No comments: