We have two frogs in a huge fish tank at the top of the stairs, that the owners of our house left for us. The kids love to feed the frogs, and look at them swim around in the tank. Well last week, Samuel was taking a bath, and I came upstairs to check on him, and as I did, I saw this huge black thing jumping around on the bathroom floor. It freaked me out, it took me a second, and then I realized it was one of the frogs. I yelled for Travis, saying the frog was out of it's tank. He came quickly (I think I may have sounded a little frightened, but it really scared me) and he caught the frog, and put him back in the tank. We have no idea how the frog got out, and when I told the owners about it, they said they had never gotten out before either. So anyway, now every time I come up or down the stairs, I check the tank to make sure both frogs are still there.
Samuel doesn't like to eat the crust on bread. I made a yummy whole wheat bread, into little loaves just his size, with a really soft crust, so he wouldn't try to pull the crust off. So he sticks one piece in the toaster oven, and toasts it up, I put some butter on it for him, and then give it to him to eat. he proceeds to peel off the edges, until he is left with a piece of bread, about the size of a quarter, pops it in his mouth and says "yum, can I have another one" I can't believe he was trying to waste so much of the bread, that crazy boy. I tried to get him to eat the rest of the bread, but he wouldn't, he said he didn't like it.
Betsy loves to say the word "brethren", during morning scripture study, she always wants to read the verses that have the word "brethren" in them. She likes to use the word throughout the day too, she is funny. She even decided to call Daddy "Daddyen" a couple of times so it would sound similar to brethren.
Austin is awesome and getting the newspaper and mail for me, no matter how cold it is, she will run out and get them for me. Austin invited one of her friends from school to come to church with us, and her friend asked her Dad and said she could come. Unfortunately Austin can't go to church today, because she is sick, but hopefully her friend will still want to come to church with us next week.
Joseph in scripture study said that we should "accessorize" our faith, instead of "exercise" our faith. When we asked him how we "accessorize" our faith, he said "with hope and charity".
I have about 3 weeks until until my due date, and I'm mentally preparing for the labor and delivery process that is coming. Hopefully I will make it close to my due date this time. I had my first college exam in eight years on Friday. I don't know how I did yet, but I think I did fine on it, although I wished I had been able to study a little more for it. I'm trying really hard not to study, except when the kids are in bed, but sometimes it is too easy to just put a movie on for Samuel, and get all my studying done. But I've been limiting Samuel's TV time, so I can't do that very often.
Travis has been studying a lot, but has also been working with a company who does painting, and he goes around and knocks on people's doors to see if they are willing to have a free estimate for painting. He only gets paid, if someone agrees, and then sets up the appointment when his boss calls them. So he ran around knocking on doors for two hours yesterday, he said even if he doesn't get paid, it was good exercise.
Everyone in our house has been getting pink eye, Travis is the only one who hasn't had it yet, but that probably won't last long. Pink eye is pretty contagious, and I'm getting pretty tired of putting eye drops in every one's eyes all the time, although they are all pretty cooperative, except for Samuel. Travis and I were able to go to the temple yesterday, it was really nice and peaceful.
This morning Travis was being silly, and making up songs about how "big" I am, so I had all the kids bring me stuffed animals, and we threw them at him. It was fun, and I ended up laughing so hard, that I cried.
No comments:
Post a Comment