Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A New Year




We had a great Christmas break, and New Year's and we have all been in school again for a week and a half now.  A few things I would like to write about that have happened in our house.  The week after Christmas, Travis and Joseph went to Maia's house in Tooele, to help her with some painting in her house.  Unfortunately the weather was horrible, and a terrible blizzard moved in that afternoon, so Travis and Joseph spent the night at their house, and finally made it home late the next afternoon when the roads were a little better.  For New Year's Eve we had two couples in our ward over for a game night.  It was really fun, I love having game nights.  We spent about three hours just talking and getting to know each other better, and then played games until after 1am.  For me, staying up that late, was quite a big deal, since I'm used to going to bed by 10pm.  But, despite my tiredness I had a really good time.  We made quite a few goals as a family and individually, and one of mine was to write in my blog at least once a week, and well you can tell, how good I'm doing so far.  We're really trying to get the noise level down in our house, before the baby is born, so one of our goals as a family, is "no yelling", we're trying hard, but it is a hard habit to break, especially for the boys, but we're going to keep at it, and not give up.  Apparently while Travis and Joseph were spending the night at Maia's house they picked up bedbugs and brought them home with them.  Travis and Joseph both started getting itchy, rashy spots, in a few places, and after a few days, I started getting some too.  So this past weekend, the kids and I spent the entire time, washing everything in the house, and trying to get rid of these pesky little bugs.  I'm crossing my fingers that everything we did, was enough, because I'm too exhausted to do any more cleaning like that.  Last week everyone had dentist appointments, and Austin and Samuel both have major cavities.  Ever since moving here, the kids have been brushing their own teeth, but apparently they haven't been doing a good enough job, especially Sam, who has refused to let me brush his teeth for him.  Between Samuel and Austin the dental work is going to cost roughly $2600.  We're going to get some dental insurance to help with the costs, but it's still frustrating, so we've been working on teeth brushing this last week.  I have enjoyed going back to school, it feels good to be in a classroom again, learning and talking with adults.  I'm taking a D & C class, and a chemistry class this semester, and Travis has been watching Samuel while I go to classes.  So far it is working out pretty well, but I'm a little worried about when I have the baby and afterwards.  My pregnancy is progressing well, and I'm experiencing all the fun aches and pains associated with a growing baby squishing my insides.  Although the doctor says that I'm still too small, and that the baby will probably only be 6 pounds full term.  I'm used to having small babies, and then they get fat real fast! 

No comments: