Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Baby Shower


 The girls and Samuel with their cousin Julan, each taking a turn holding him.  They love little babies, and they are very excited for their little brother to be born

 I put this picture in, because on the right side, you have a profile shot of my "baby belly"

 Yummy food for the baby shower

I had my baby shower today!  It was so much fun.  The kids and I spent the morning cleaning, and Travis rearranged furniture, and organized his office area.  Joseph and Samuel were actually the best cleaners, which is unusual, it's usually the girls.  The boys were done with their chores within an hour, and the girls took until lunch time to finally finish their chores.  Then Maia (she was hosting the party for me) and two of her daughters, and her baby boy Julan arrived after lunch.  The girls (Mayra and Alyssa) decorated, and helped set up the food.  The  kids loved holding the baby Julan, and playing with him and the balloons.  Just before guests started arriving, Travis took the kids out to play, while I had my shower.  I think we ended up having about 15 people there, including us.  It was so much fun, to talk with everyone and play some games.  I had the ladies fill out the questionnaire I posted on my blog yesterday, and My Grandma Hardy was able to get the most correct answers at 18 out of 27 answered correctly.  We also played a game about guessing which baby animal names correspond to their parent, like bear would be cub, it was fun, I didn't know a lot of the baby names.  The final game we played was a baby memory game, where we tried to match words, and then we would get a corresponding candy to go with it, for instance the match I found was "11 pound baby" so the candy I got was Whoppers.  We had food, and I opened all the presents.  I was impressed with the quality and quantity of gifts.  I felt very blessed, and am excited for this baby to come, so he can wear all these cute clothes, and have soft blankets. 

No comments: