Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Austin's B-day

Austin in her new dress from Grandma Kirkman
J oseph and Austin in the sack race

Austin and her pinata!


Austin is now 6 years old! She is growing up so fast. She had her birthday party on Saturday, and invited her friends from church and school. She didn't really have much of a theme, other than the fact that she wanted to play lots of games. 7 kids RSVP'd for the party, and 20 kids showed up, so things got a little crazy. We played some games like, three-legged race, and sack races outside. When it was time for the pinata, we lined all the kids up and Austin was up first, and on her first swing she broke the thing and down came the candy. Well with all those kids trying to get to one spot, things got a little brutal, and couple of the boys got hurt from girls jumping on them, and we ran out of candy before half the kids had gotten some, so I ran inside and grabbed more candy, and trailed it around the porch, to split the kids up so they weren't on top of each other. I've never seen kids go that crazy around a pinata before, wow! Anyway the kids took their candy and used frosting as glue, to make things with their candy, played pin the tail on the donkey, and a cake walk (with prizes). I almost ran out of cake and ice cream, I had to cut really small pieces, and we had no leftovers. For her cake I made a rainbow out of M & M's. It was really loud and exhausting, but Austin loved it, and was happy so it was a success.

1 comment:

Amanda D said...

First, I love the quotes on the the side of your blog. Joseph's right...moms work too hard. And sometimes we've got to slow down and walk the kid's speed limits.

Birthday parties are exhausting, and one with 13 extra kids sounds even more exhausting. I hope you got to take a LONG nap afterwards. I love Austin's dress, she looks lovely.