Thursday, March 12, 2009
10 tons of dirt
As things are warming up, I'm starting to get things ready to plant my garden. The first order of business was to bring in 10 more tons of topsoil, to finish off my garden space. So I called and had it delievered, and of course they couldn't get it over the fence, so I had to wheelbarrow it around and into the garden area. My friend Heidi helped me, and we took turns dumping dirt for the first 20 loads, then after school I did about 6-7 by myself, then when Travis got home, I helped fill up the wheelbarrow, and he dumped the rest of the loads. Boy was I ever tired, and very sore the next day, but it felt good to get it done!! The next step is the compost, and I'm hoping to get the garden planting sometime next week, during spring break!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
"ten more tons of dirt"! How many in all? By the way how much would that cost? I am just amazed at that! I couldn't even sleep last night thinking about it! Andrea
I'm still amazed you guys finished all that in one night!!!! sheesh, Travis is super human and well, so are you. Gollie jeepers!!!!
Good for you! I love livin off the land! You should have called me to help, I love a getting my hands dirty...
Post a Comment