So, back in June Betsy had her annual checkup for her Puetz Jergher syndrome. They checked her iron and it was getting pretty low again, so in July they gave her two different iron infusions, to help her iron get back to normal levels, as her body wasn't absorbing any through supplements or food. They also had her do a piIl camera that she swallowed, and we discovered that she had a large polyp in her small intestines that needed to be removed. So it took another month and half but we finally got a trip to Oregon planned for Betsy and I, so they could do the procedure at Doernbecher's children's hospital where they did her procedure last October. Betsy and I left Sept 5th and flew to Oregon. We had to be tested for COVID before we left, and it came back negative so we were able to get reservations at the Ronald Mcdonald house that we stayed in last year. Luckily Travis had long weekend due to labor day, and was allowed to work from home, while Betsy and I were gone. We got Betsy checked into the hospital monday morning, and ended up just hanging out in the hospital, in her room until Thursday when they were finally able to get her into the procedure. The procedure went well, and they discharged her on friday. Now on Monday night there was a huge wind storm in the area, that caused a lot of fires in the area. Actually the entire west coast seems to be having horrible wildfires raging. So even though we didn't need to evacuate due to the fires, the smoky air is horrible. The air quality is very hazardous and we have to stay inside as much possible, where the air quality is slightly better. It is especially hard on Betsy, since her throat is really sore anyway after the procedure. I can't wait until we can go back to Hawaii, and get away from the smoky air. I've been grateful for the quiet I've been having this past week though, and the kids and Travis are doing well. We leave in the morning, so we just have to endure this horrible air for one more day, I feel bad for everyone who lives here, and will just have to keep enduring it until it gets better. I don't really have any pictures from our time in Oregon, but we didn't really get to go out and do anything, other then pick up food to eat since the air quality was hazardous and COVID had shut a lot down anyway. Then when Betsy and I got back to Hawaii, we had to quarantine for two more weeks. It was hard on me to not be able to leave the house, or take the little boys out of the house at all. They behave so much better when I can get them out the house for a little while each day. The boys are pretty silly, and find ways to entertain themselves, for example they put my exercise ball on the toilet, and thought that was hilarious. Gideon also loves that his hair is getting curly, and likes to have me take pictures of the back of his head, so he can make sure that his hair is still curly back there.



No comments:
Post a Comment