Friday, November 27, 2020

October 2020

Malachi loves to play at the beach
                                                We celebrated Travis' birthday before he left for JRTC
                                            Gideon loves the new swing!

                                            The boys love how they can all fit on the swing at the same time.
                                            Caleb lost more teeth!
                                                Malachi and Gideon are aliens!
                                            Caleb loves making Halloween faces!













            The kids each got to pick their favorite tree to get a picture with, and this is the one Gideon picked.  Caleb was a little upset that Gideon didn't pick a "cooler" tree.  





















                                                Malachi loves cactus!  When we were learning about them for school, he would just want to stare at the pictures, so we went on this botanical garden hike, with a cactus section, and he loved it!  His favorite were the cactus balls, and cactus trees.  






 


Finally my month of being stuck inside was over, and we enjoyed going to the beach, and going on hikes, and walks.  I loved being able to go on my morning walk around the 3 mile loop each morning with my 2 friends, and taking my little boys on outings.  I also was able to teach my piano lessons again.  The downside was that Travis left for JRTC (training in Louisiana), for about a month.  We got to watch general conference at the beginning of the month, and that was an inspiring experience as usual.  I love listening to the prophet and other speakers, they are so inspiring!  Joseph finally got a job, working a couple nights a week at the NEX stocking shelves.  It was only about 15 hours a week, but at least he is finally earning some money.  He still needs to lose some weight to join the army, so hopefully this helps.  I'd been telling the kids that we wouldn't be trick or treating, since I didn't want more candy in the house, and the CDC said we should be trick or treating anyway.  We were going to go to the beach for Halloween and then come home and have pizza hut pizza for dinner (that Austin made, since she is working) and watch Halloween movies. But, the kids decided that since it was a full moon they didn't want to go to the beach, because that is when all the jelly fish are out, and wanted to make sugar cookies instead.  So we started making sugar cookies, and then the neighbor kids begged me to let my kids out, and Betsy said she would take them out, so I let them go, with the understanding that they needed to turn in all their candy.  There was also a neighborhood Halloween parade earlier in the day.  They were jumping on the trampoline in the backyard when the parade started driving through, and started throwing candy at the kids, so they climbed over the fence and ended up getting a bunch of candy.  So I set all of that candy out for trick or treaters, and got rid of all the candy, but they still got a lot of candy, but they each ate two pieces and I locked the rest up.  4 year olds get so upset about the most ridiculous things.  Gideon had a pair of jeans that had huge holes in the knees, so I cut them off at the knees to turn them into shorts.  He was so upset, and cried about it for almost an hour.  He begged me to sew them back together, but leave the big holes there.  I was going to do it for him, but the parts that had been cut off, were already thrown out to the dumpster and then he forgot about it.  I think we spend half our hikes taking pictures, the boys love to climb trees and pose in them.  At the end of the month, we finally got to start meeting with the YW for activities, with a maximum of 10 people and we have to wear masks.  It was really nice to start getting together again though, most of the young women are really struggling with being cooped up inside all the time away from friends.  A lot of them are struggling with depression.  Austin seems to do okay, because she has still had a job to go to almost every day, but Betsy has been struggling to get out, so has been sad a lot.  




No comments: