Friday, November 27, 2020

November 2020

Gideon fell and hit his eye on the curb while he was trick or treating


























Malachi and Gideon made this for Travis when he got home from JRTC




We went to the Olive Garden for dinner with Austin and Betsy, and Travis ended up making a fork sculpture.  It was pretty entertaining, and the staff kept supplying him with extra forks, to see how high he could get it.  
Gideon is silly, he took my soft fuzzy pants from the dryer and put them on, and told me they were his new favorite thing to wear.  
The Sister Missionaries stopped by and brought us cookies.  Gideon really didn't want them to leave, and was crying.  One of the Sisters gave Gideon this picture of Jesus to help him feel better, and it worked.  He keeps it in a special spot, and gets it out whenever he is sad.  
Malachi was trying to make everyone laugh, so he put these face stickers on his belly, and then walked over to everyone and would lift up his shirt, and laugh.  




Travis and I on our Staycation anniversary trip, walking along the turtle bay area

Travis and I got to volunteer at a food pantry to help distribute food to families, along with some of his Gimlet Soldiers 
In a WWII bunker we found some cool artwork that makes us look like angels





















     So in November, Travis made it back home, and we were pretty happy to have him be home for a while.  He had a ROM (restriction of movement)which basically meant, he got to work from home for two weeks, so we got to see a lot of him.  Samuel got to start going to field study every Wednesday morning for school at the Hawaiian Plantation Village, so I would drop him off and take the little boys to play at a nearby park.  They had a lot of fun, and wanted me to take a lot of pictures of them.  One night at work, Joseph dropped a crate on his big toe, that already had an ingrown toenail. He filled out an incident report at work, and a few days later Joseph called in to work, because his toe hurt too much.  They told him it to get it looked at ASAP, but Joseph got an appointment for three weeks later, we kept telling him that wasn't good enough, and finally he let Travis take him into an urgent care to get it fixed.  They fixed the ingrown toenail and gave him antibiotics for the infection.  He still took a few more days to get back to work, but is finally getting back to work this Thanksgiving week.  Betsy has been struggling a lot, especially since we did a YW activity at the swap meet, and she was walking around in the sun for an hour and a half.  She is pretty weak, after pretty much sitting in her room day after day, so that made her feel pretty sick for a while.  She hasn't been eating or drinking very much, and feeling pretty nauseous, so I took her to the dr and she admitted to being pretty depressed and anxious, so they want her to talk to a psychiatrist, so we got her initial appointment in, and hope that working with this dr. will help Betsy feel better.   We were able to get Austin's senior pictures taken, and they turned out really well.  Austin also got into BYU-Idaho, she got accepted 4 days after she applied.  I couldn't believe how quick she got in, I remember waiting months before I found out I got into to BYU.  We decided to do our Thanksgiving dinner early this year, since Travis and I were going on a staycation 20 year anniversary the week of Thanksgiving.  So two of our friends helped make the meal and we all met together and had a delicious feast.  I ended up making about 9 desserts, but the kids helped, so it wasn't too bad.  Travis and I have enjoyed our vacation on the North Shore of Oahu.  We have enjoyed hiking, and snorkeling, eating at food trucks and other restaurants, and enjoying our time together without kids.   

No comments: