Sunday, October 27, 2019

April 2019


In the botanical gardens.  I love the cliffs in the background.  I love the cute little boy in the picture too!







Gideon loved the Koi fish, and kept wanting to jump in with the fish


Malachi loved feeding the ducks!















Sick little boy, although the bowl wasn't really for his foot, but that's okay.  






Gideon really enjoyed the easter egg roll this year, he won!!


We love making homemade pretzels, they are so yummy!


While playing with Gideon at the beach, a ship came by, it was fun to see!




We got a hike in after our temple trip, it was a lot of fun!












Austin got her braces on this month.  She is not very happy about it, and her mouth hurts a lot, but she is learning to deal with it.  She will end up needed two implants, before her treatment is done.  (she is missing two teeth).  We had to pull Joseph out of school in early December because he was sleeping all the time, and would not get up for seminary or school.  So he has been working on getting his GED and working at Papa Johns.  We finally got him in for a sleep study, so I got to spend the night with him in the hospital, and they discovered he has sleep apnea and have given him a CPAP machine to use at night, to help keep his airway open when he sleeps.  The kids started Track this month, (Malachi, Caleb, and Samuel)  Caleb and Samuel are enjoying it and doing really well.  Malachi on the other hand is quite the challenge.   He loves running around, so I thought he would love doing track.  Well I have the hardest time getting him to stay with his age group and run and listen to his coach.  If I stay with him, he will stay, but I have Gideon with me too, and he won't stay with us the whole time, and I end up having to follow him around, and then Malachi ends up with us too.  One time I was playing with Gideon and looked up to see where Malachi was, and he was going up to the bathroom, so I watched for him to come out.  After a few minutes he hadn't come out yet, but Malachi can take forever when he needs to go #2.  I waited a few more minutes, but when he still hadn't come out, I dragged Gideon over to the bathroom and looked for Malachi.  He wasn't there.  We spent the next twenty minutes, being dragging Gideon around looking for Malachi.  I finally spotted a tiny figure darting between cars in the Tripler parking lot, way on the other side of the field where track was.  I started running, and trying to get Gideon to keep up with me, as I was worried Malachi was going to get hit by a car.  As I got closer I realized that he was chasing a momma duck and her ducklings.  Everytime he got close to them, they would dart to another spot near a car, and Malachi would dart after them chasing them.  I left Gideon and sprinted to catch Malachi before he ran in front of car.  I caught him, and told him he was being dangerous, and shouldn't have left the track field.  He looked at me and said, "But mommy, the ducklings are so cute, I just wanted to hold one, but the mommy duck kept them running away from me."  I explained she was just protecting them.  Malachi insisted he wasn't going to hurt one, but I told him the mommy duck didn't know that, and was doing her best.  As we walked back, and caught back up to Gideon, we talked about how he is supposed to stay with his teammates, or me during Track.  We've been having a really hard time getting Malachi to pay attention and listen us, and he seems to go a little crazy at times, and is always licking and eating weird things.  So I booked him an appointment with behavior health, and the dr. there thinks he is ADHD with an oral fixation.  They said to try medication, and we did a couple of times.  The first time he took a nap for an hour or two, and then after that I didn't really notice a difference.

No comments: