Sunday, November 29, 2015

Thanksgiving and Ice

Malachi wanted marshmallows (snow snows)
Austin cuddling with Malachi while she is home sick from school.  He took a nice nap on her!

At our friend's house for Thanksgiving dinner.  

Malachi loves the stuffed animal that came in a package from soldier's angels

Caleb loves the ducks that came in a package from soldier's angels.  
So Austin got sick, and stayed home from school on Monday, but was able to go on Tuesday.  All the kids had school off this week since Wednesday.  We didn't really go anywhere, since the weather was bad.  We went just one street over to our friend's house for Thanksgiving dinner.  It was nice to have dinner with a few friends, and we watched "inside out" after dinner and relaxed.  We forgot the pumpkin pie in our fridge, so I sent Joseph back to get it, but I guess he couldn't get into the house, and then lost his glasses somewhere along the way back.  It was already dark out, so I told Joseph we would help him look for them in the morning.  Well in the morning everything was covered in about a 1/2 inch layer of ice, but we still managed to find Joseph's glasses, all covered up in a layer of ice.  He is a lucky boy.  I did some online shopping, but other than that we mostly just played games, and did a little candy making.  Saturday everything was still pretty icy, so once again we didn't go do anything.  I did make it to the movie store to return a movie, and the grocery store to get some eggs, but other than that we stayed home.  Joseph and Samuel went sledding on the ice and had great fun, and Malachi and Caleb played in the ice on our back porch for a little while too.  We managed to get all our chores done as well, and I got the bookkeeping done.  We are still under an ice storm warning until tonight, I felt bad for the postal service lady and pizza hut delivery guy saturday night.  Our driveway and steps are completely covered solid in ice, I need to buy some of that ice melt stuff.  Anyway the postal service lady managed to carry a hug armload of packages up to our door for us.  We had gotten two packages from the soldier's angels program, and once from our friends the Croaks and Clements in Colorado Springs.  It was awesome, just like Christmas!  The kids had a blast opening up all the packages and pulling out all the stuff that had been sent for the new baby, and games, crafts, and treats for them as well.  Then our pizza arrived, and the kids enjoyed watching him "skate" and slide to get up our steps to our door.  I felt so bad, I gave him an extra good tip.  We ate pizza and watched a movie, then got everything to bed.  It was a good night.  Today all church meetings were cancelled except for Sacrament meeting, and I guess a lot of the city is out of power.  We are lucky and blessed to still have power, and the kids and I have spent a lot of  minutes staring at everything outside covered in ice.

No comments: